Same Bed, Separate Covers?

Is this normal? Married couple sleeping in the same bedroom, same bed but separate covers/blankets? Been married for more than 10 years, three kids, i love my wife but for some strange reason, she prefers to sleep under her own separate blankets/covers, therefore i have to sleep under my own separate covers too, whether i like it or not! Is this nornal, do other wives do this? Do other husbands like this? I dont get it, i dont like it!

Most Helpful Girl

• All my closest friends and I all have separate blankets! Me and my boyfriend have different preferences since I'm always freezing cold and he is the total opposite. Still we come in under each others blankets before we fall asleep or in the morning just to cuddle. But I like to be able to chose myself thickness etc and I'll be sure it doesn't end up on the floor on his side of the bed ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• If one of us kept taking all the blankets over night I wouldn't mind

What Girls Said 7

• Hmm, it's not my preference and my partner and I don't do it, but it's not a bad idea.

• Hey, then you dont wake up cold, with your covers stolen haha
    Not really a bad idea.

But is there anything wrong in the relationship? Will she still cuddle with you anyways?

• She does cuddle, once in a while when she chooses to, when i try to, she often pulls away

• I haven't, feels kinda strange to have to point out to my wife that we should be sleeping together, in the same bed, under the same covers.

• Well at least no one will be a cover hog.

• How would I be able to touch him inappropriately if we're not under the same covers? Not my preference but everyone is different I guess.

• Perhaps she gets too cold and you get too hot or vise versa? Maybe she doesn't want you hogging the covers? I have no idea, just guessing why is ever do that..

• I cannot sleep well when the blanket moves every time the other person moves. It's nothing personal, somply the movement waking me up. Also, some people subconciously pull the blanket away to their side all the time when sleeping. I understand very well why she'd want her own blanket for various reasons.

• In that case she should be sleeping in a totally separate bed altogether because merely sleeping with someone in the same bed, the entire bed would move when the other person moves, even if we are both sleeping under separate blankets.

• Unless it's just the stealing the blanket thing. Maybe she hates having to fight for a piece every night. You can't really help the pulling at the blanket while sleeping, only solution is separate blankets.

• We are like that. We each have our own

What Guys Said 8

• It's not unusual. I had my own blankets for a couple years. Then my wife thought it'd be nice to buy a new set of sheets and blankets to sleep under. We used the same blanket for about a month before she started rolling around in her sleep and became a giant blanket tortilla wrap, leaving me with no blanket at night. So I grabbed my old blankets, and we're back where we started.

• You may be overthinking about things, it's fine. Has she always been like this since you both married each other? or is this happening only from a few days/months?

• It wasn't like that before we had kids. Over the years it got worse. She chooses when we can cuddle or have sex, thats when we get under the same covers. Other than that, there's no intimacy most times. I want that, and im not getting it ,(she seems happy with the way thigs are, but im not).

• I think she wants to keep some distance with you.

• I can see that too, o dont know why but i can see that

• Have you talked to her about it? Maybe she has a reason for it?

• Now to be fair I do like being able to wrap the cover around my feet to make it a cocoon.

Just asking. Are you two... sleeping with your backs against each other?

• After 10years & three kids, I'd say although not entirely common, it would be a common desire... someone always gets shafted when sharing a blanket.

I know that I have problems when it comes to sharing a blanket. I like to wrap myself up in it and I can't do that if I'm sharing- even if never acted upon.

• Interesting! She also wraps herself tight in a blanket, but i dont. It makes me feel like she is shutting me out, i dont like that feeling at all. Im thinking of walking out.

• I'm guessing it's not just because of a blanket... trouble in paradise?

• Possible, but im not sure what the trouble is; would like to be told.

• Yes, in case one is a blanket hog lol, i myself would use two different ones mostly because i am a hot sleeper and use a light blanket to only cover my abdomen nothing else

• Not normal, but is she really OCD?

• What's OCD?

• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
      Like a person with OCD will get upset if things are not an exact way.

• If its just a cover its normal but if its also a bedsheet u should find out the reason. Just talk to her.

• Not sure i understand here... whats the difference?