I am 61 and my thoughts on this subject are probably very different than your thoughts. How long should you date your partner before you think about proposing? Please leave comments and explain your thinking on this subject.
- If you are 21 or under, at least six months.3% (1)10% (2)5% (3)Vote
- If you are 21 or under, at least one year.6% (2)0% (0)4% (2)Vote
- If you are 21 or under, at least two years.17% (6)19% (4)18% (10)Vote
- If you are between 21 and 30, at least six months.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- If you are between 21 and 30, at least one year.17% (6)14% (3)16% (9)Vote
- If you are between 21 and 30, at least two years.40% (14)38% (8)39% (22)Vote
- I don't believe anyone should ever get married.17% (6)19% (4)18% (10)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I think it all depends on the situation with both the relationship and the individuals inside of it. For example, I've been with my boyfriend 3 years and we aren't engaged or married. I doubt that'll even happen until we're done with college and get good jobs, which is perfectly fine with me. But I do think couples should be together at least a year or so before thinking of popping the question.0
Most Helpful Guy
I think it's a mix of how long you've been together but also how your life is at the time. I mean I think that you should be together around 2 years or so but I also think that you should have the means and stability to actually support and go into a marriage.
So if you have been together say 2 years but you don't have the means, stability or finances in your life to bring someone new into it then you shouldn't. But if you have been together around 2 years and your life is stable your making decent money, not in debt or anything and all that then go for it.
Personally I wouldn't think about proposing or propose until around the 2 year mark.1