Guys do you ever want to get married someday?

I am curious about guy's thoughts on marriage.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought I did but the longer I live the less I like the idea. Mostly because of the girls I've dated (not all girls). I've always been a loner. I always had friends and usually had to purposefully find time to isolate myself. I liked being alone. But I don't like being alone for too long. So I try and date girls. Instead of having a nice pleasant bonding experience I'm forced to go through a series of trials to try and rid a girl of all the emotional ghosts she has haunting her brain. I have to prove I'm not a player. Prove I'm not going to abandon her. Prove she's the most attractive girl in the world to me. A lot of these things I fail at because I remain honest. Most girls I meet are cute but I don't believe in the one or this idea that this girl is super special and the only one for me and I don't lie about it. I don't make promises about the future because I change and I don't know what I'm going to be doing. Etc. Etc. and because I don't give girls exactly what they want from me I get tossed away and forgotten because I'm not what they're looking for. Overtime I got pretty disenchanted with the idea of marriage. I still love the idea of marriage but when I cross the idealistic envisioning of marriage that I have in my head with the reality of the girls I've dated/tried to date I'm pretty sure it'd be closer to a hell on earth disguised as being pleasant. So yeah I'd love to marry but I'm pretty sure it's not cohesive with who I am as a person. I'll admit that I'm young and my worldview is only as wide as my own personal experience. So nothing's absolute to me. Maybe I'll change.

What Guys Said 31

• I couldn't give you a straight answer if I do or don't want too right now. I need that motivation to really help me decide if I really want it or not. Without that motivation, I'm just chillin.

• No, I never want to get married. Never!

• Again !!! Naaaaa I'll stick with the angle that I've been with for 18 years

• I do. Pun intended.

• Absolutely, id love to find my princess buttercup and Tali'Zorah, i would love spending my life making her happy and recieving her love and growing old with her. I also dont want to marry just anybody, because if the marriage falls apart, the only way id divorce is if she committed adulatory otherwise id be stuck with someone i can't stand for life. So id make sure she really is the one before marrying her.

• No. Girls are incredibly flaky and unreliable unless you really date down or run extreme game on her. Making a legal agreement with one that she can break at any time would really just be a waste of money.

Or as Wesley put it years ago... "What is that worth, the promise of a woman? You're very funny, highness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa9X6Ev_A0A

• Yes I do

• Never been in a relationship, plus I don't knkw how I'd be able to be myself around somebody else. I can see the advantages, but not really sure.

• I don't know. There's nno single girl that have trully made me feel that.
    It's a big unknown for me, still i can already say that's something i don't really care, but can be important because children and social beneficts, but i just don't know.

• Yes, I would. Have to have serious vetting, though. I'd like something that will last

• It depends on the girl. So far I haven't wanted to marry any girl I've ever dated, and I'm very found of the idea of commitment...

• I'm enegaged and I'm the one pushing for the wedding to be sooner. She wants to wait a year and a half. I'm pushing for a year from now

• I don't see a need to, but would if my girl really wanted to.

• if i wasn't all ready married i would think about it. if the right person came around

• sure do.

• If I am born human might as well live as one, even if it means taking pinky promises for life.

• Definitely

• I see it as a waste of money but if it means something to my lartner I'd do it

• I'm currently engaged, so yes.

• Lmaoo not before I end my prime and retire from my NFL career

• Probably. I think it would be nice. I'm definitely raising kids, with or without a partner. A partner would be fun though.

• I want to get married.

• I don't really want to get married but I think I would change my mind if I meet the right girl

• Yes, I do. However, I'm not expecting to at this point.

• I think id rather be with somebody forever but not get a marriage.

• I'm married so yes definitely

• Nope, but I would like a long-term relationship.

• Why I should be tied to someone poor inocent

• sure but with someone i love

• Nope

• More from Guys
    1