Why do some people say they wouldn't get married again?

I've heard this a lot, people whove been married say they won't get married again.

Why could this be?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's just like any failed relationship, really.

-Disappointment
    -Feeling like you wasted time, effort and money on someone
    - It's a way to prevent yourself from getting hurt again; a coping mechanism.
    For example, let's say that someone decided to take a large step with someone because they loved them. In my case, it was having sex with them.
    I thought that we were going to live happily ever after, right? Well, I thought so, until I got pregnant.
    And then everything fell apart.
    Now I don't really want to go that far with someone. Maybe my feelings will change.
    But it's cause of those feelings listing above, along with the overall fear of it happening all over again- a constant dedicating to someone, only to have it fall to shit.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know, I have been fighting to NOT GET MARRIED... I have NEVER been. But been in a 13 yr relationship and he wants marriage..

• We can understand from this statements, they had some had and negative experiences in the marriage. Maybe their feelings had been hurt.

• I saw my parents get divorced, so I'm like scared of getting married.

What Guys Said 4

• That's because they have already gone through a bad experienced, a failed marriage, or may be their partner cheated on them , it can be any reason but they say that because they have experienced the pain and don't want to risk getting hurt again.

• It's really more of a self defense attitude. Most actually mean it at the time but few actually will stay the coarse

• Some people just have such bad experiences with marriages that they don't want to deal with it again. Broken heart, stress

• Because women rape men in divorce court.