So my mom said and agreed to sign the papers at 16 as long as my grades are good and my boyfriend has a good job which both of those are true right now... and also the deal is i can't move out until i'm 18 though but anyway me and my boyfriend love eachother very much and we both know eachother is the one for us and we want to get married asap when we can i don't want any remarks on you shouldn't get married young you'll screw up your life and crap like that love is love no one can tell you other wise and plus people back then in Jesus'stime got married at like 13 and 14 even Jesus's mother so yeah i just need some advice on how to convince my mom to get married at age 15 p. s. i live in WV and the marriage laws for 15 you have to have parental and judge consent
Most Helpful Guy
she accepted 16 but you want 15? I think you need to wait sorry. how to convince her? I know that is a long time at your age, but that parent is being very understanding.
One way might be to say: we'll go into counseling now at 15 and we get married at 16, can you pay for it? that would be very very wise! Jesus mom had a counselor... God... find the same.
Love is powerful, but relationships are work and both have to work at it.
The big problem is offspring... they are expensive little critters I tell ya! Very needy and stress inducing! Avoid them until you have money saved and are stable.
Part of me says you are too young, but I'd rather you be married than the other option. at least you are committing to one another.
Get counseling. you may not listen, but at least you've been forewarned. I'm not saying something is wrong with you, I'm saying there is something wrong with everyone and you are better off finding out early and working through it. Everyone married should.
Most Helpful Girl
i wouldn't bother trying to convince your mom; the body of your question even states all the reasons this is a terrible idea, though i'm happy to add more.
1) you and your boyfriend don't know each other well enough and have never lived together. regardless of age, marrying someone before you've lived with them is a mistake, since you don't know if or not your living habits are compatible.
2) you don't know yourself well enough to know if or not this guy is "the one".
3) your "love" is not love; it's infatuation, since you simply don't know him well enough.
4) a good wedding and a good marriage are not the same thing. all relationships require compromise, sacrifice, and actual effort to make work, all things that most kids your age have no concept of, due to a lack of real-world experience.
5) using the bible as your point of reference is a terrible reason to do anything.
6) when you're that young, it's easy to lose yourself in his pretty eyes and the fact that you both love dogs. but (spoiler alert) neither of those will see you through the tough times.0