How to convince my mom?

So my mom said and agreed to sign the papers at 16 as long as my grades are good and my boyfriend has a good job which both of those are true right now... and also the deal is i can't move out until i'm 18 though but anyway me and my boyfriend love eachother very much and we both know eachother is the one for us and we want to get married asap when we can i don't want any remarks on you shouldn't get married young you'll screw up your life and crap like that love is love no one can tell you other wise and plus people back then in Jesus'stime got married at like 13 and 14 even Jesus's mother so yeah i just need some advice on how to convince my mom to get married at age 15 p. s. i live in WV and the marriage laws for 15 you have to have parental and judge consent

Most Helpful Guy

• she accepted 16 but you want 15? I think you need to wait sorry. how to convince her? I know that is a long time at your age, but that parent is being very understanding.
    One way might be to say: we'll go into counseling now at 15 and we get married at 16, can you pay for it? that would be very very wise! Jesus mom had a counselor... God... find the same.
    Love is powerful, but relationships are work and both have to work at it.

The big problem is offspring... they are expensive little critters I tell ya! Very needy and stress inducing! Avoid them until you have money saved and are stable.

Part of me says you are too young, but I'd rather you be married than the other option. at least you are committing to one another.

Get counseling. you may not listen, but at least you've been forewarned. I'm not saying something is wrong with you, I'm saying there is something wrong with everyone and you are better off finding out early and working through it. Everyone married should.

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't bother trying to convince your mom; the body of your question even states all the reasons this is a terrible idea, though i'm happy to add more.

1) you and your boyfriend don't know each other well enough and have never lived together. regardless of age, marrying someone before you've lived with them is a mistake, since you don't know if or not your living habits are compatible.

2) you don't know yourself well enough to know if or not this guy is "the one".

3) your "love" is not love; it's infatuation, since you simply don't know him well enough.

4) a good wedding and a good marriage are not the same thing. all relationships require compromise, sacrifice, and actual effort to make work, all things that most kids your age have no concept of, due to a lack of real-world experience.

5) using the bible as your point of reference is a terrible reason to do anything.

6) when you're that young, it's easy to lose yourself in his pretty eyes and the fact that you both love dogs. but (spoiler alert) neither of those will see you through the tough times.

What Guys Said 1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• I'm not really sure how to convince your mom, but I'm just curious why you're in such a rush to get married? If you guys know you're meant to be together it doesn't really matter whether you get married at 15 or 25 right? Cuz if you wait then you don't have to jump through all the loopholes with getting approval and all that.

• I know it does sound like a rush but I mean i really don't know how to answer that question... its just love thats all i gotta say and plus if you were 25 you wouldn't have to get any parental consent when you are a teen u have to.. thats the down side to finding ur soulmate as a teen...

• Well that's what I'm saying. Why do you have to get married to prove your love? You guys both know you want to be together, my point is, if you just wait to get married you won't have to go through all the trouble to get your mom's permission. I'm asking why it makes a difference to you and why you have to get married now because it seems like more of a hassle.

• marriage is a vow of commitment.. not a proof of love. they want to be together until they die... let them show the rest of this unfaithful world how it's done.

• I got married when I was 19, I'm now 21. I'm not saying that I regret it, but there were things that should've been established and built before marriage.

What is your guy's rush, though? I understand that you love each other and can't imagine ever wanting anyone else, which is great, but if you live near to each other I just don't see why marriage is necessary right now. Marriage is not fun, it's not meant to make you happier and make your life a fairytale. It is meant to grow two people together into an unshakable, lasting friendship. You guys should wait until you are able to have the wedding you've always wanted. You will probably regret going so fast. You guys have your whole lives ahead of you, marriage needs to wait until you both can live on your own. My husband and I lived with his parents in the beginning of our marriage, and it put a strain on our communication and young love. I believe what you are saying-- that you both love each other, and will forever.
    As you age your priorities and beliefs WILL change. With that said, I'm not going to say you're too young, because how you two feel about each other is valid and very real to you, which is beautiful.

However

True love will wait until you don't need to "convince" anyone.

• Just obssess over it and does something out of this world dedicated to show her you're sure of yourself. Thats what i do. Works everytime. doesn't matter what you do, just put meaning behind it and show her how devoted and sure you are in your decisions and (be persistent)

• If you two truly believe you're the one for each other then waiting a few more years to get married is not a big deal. Three years are going to go by in the blink of an eye and this way you can save up to move out, get a car, pay tuition, pay for your own wedding so you can do it your way etc.

• If you are so sure you'll be together forever, then you shouldn't need to rush into marriage.

• you're a child.
    But uh.. good luck.

• Why do you need to get married? It just makes breaking up more difficult.

• But if you love each other you wouldn't wanna break up or let go so marriage is a lifetime forever commitment

• Marrige is like a 50% chance of splitting up. You don't know if you still like each other in 10 years.

• Are you seriously using a fictional reference to justify this? That's funny.

You can't convince your mom. Jumping into marriage so young is rash and a decision you're most likely going to regret.

• like i said i don't wanna hear i'm too young... not tryna be mean but it's my life

• Well i believe whatever is in the bible is true... the only thing the changed from today and back then is the technology

• Using a religion as a reference is a weak argument.