Guys, Why do men have sex less after marriage?

My husband still loves me and we have sex at least three times a week but it used to be everyday. I was just wondering why after three years it's less? Is it not as fun? Or is work taking a lot of his energy? We do bondage and stuff like that so idly why it would be boring.

I mean he's still flirty throughout the day. Like touching areas and hitting my butt. But why not more sex?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• When the relationship is new, the sex is a great adventure and seems to generate its own energy. Once you have settled into a relationship (and been in it for a while) things cools off a bit. It becomes a little harder to get the energy up for sex, even though the sexual attraction is still very strong.

Plus work and other things do tend to take up a lot of energy.

If you still have the same drive and energy, that is admirable, but are you using as much energy during the day as he is? In any case, he has less energy to jump into those things, but if you put forth a little more effort, you should be able to generate the needed energy in him. Sexy clothes, special touches, anything that can get him going. And do not be afraid to be the one to initiate the sex. When he comes to bed, be waiting for his body and get him going. He will appreciate it. But is it was a bit more tiresome day for him, do not force it. That will cause negative feelings.

• No I don't work as much as he does. Maybe that's why

• That is likely a good part of it. But even if you both worked the same hours, your sex drives can be different. Just try to "jump start" his sex motor by being sexier with him. I know it would motivate me. lol

What Guys Said 15

• usually the woman is the reason. maybe work? honeymoon phase is over? why don't you ask him? although 3/week seems like a solid around.

• I don't know, it's a good question though.

• Variety stimulates novelty-seeking behavior.

• work or stress could be taking the energy out of him. even though there is bondage it could be getting a little bit boreing for him a times. example some place same time of day. try changing it up a little.

• Ask him. There could be many reasons but only he can say what it is for him. Generally life just gets in the way. Maybe he thinks you don't want it as much for example? You guys need to communicate with each other.

• You lose that insatiable hunger for each other.

But that's not a bad thing - it gets replaced (at least in my case) with no imaginary pressure to "perform" etc.

• Just like you eat the same food over and over again it gets tiring. Same thing when having sex with people.

• Because having the same routine everyday can grow old very quickly, no matter what it is, not just sex. Three times a week is still a very good amount however, and if I were you I wouldn't worry too much.

• They marry women that didn't want to have sex with them to begin with, the girls were just acting to lock him into a contract.

• Because it's boring to him

• it gets boring and become a chore

• probably is getting tired of having sex all the time

• Normally it is because the woman starts rejecting him more often after marriage so he stops asking as often. Often the woman stops initiating at all which could lower the number or times as well. If it isn't you, then he may just be tired, or have something else going on in his life that is distracting him. Some guys may also have trouble physically keeping up with sex every day in a long term relationship, although that tends to be a bigger problem for older guys.

• Do you have children if so be thankful he is doing 3 times a week.

• Same old boring thing
    Same person
    Bills
    Life
    Tired
    Stressed
    Libido
    Etc.