Is he over me?

I was in a 3 1/2 year relationship with someone 7 years ago and we broke up cause I wanted to get married and have a family (he is 5 years younger than I am and at the time he was 22 and I was 27). The break up was a bad one cause he and I got into pretty bad arguments over the fact that he distanced himself from me and stopped wanting to talk about our relationship. What made matters worst was that after we argued he would go back like a little bitch and tell his friends about our verbal fights and when they would come over they were disrespectful and picked fights with me. I NEVER CHEATED on him. Used him or hit him so I didn't understand why they were so mean to me. We tried to work things out but it was clear to me that he was only thinking about himself and if he didn't want to move our relationship to the second level then why did he ask me to move in with him after the subject of marriage and family came up?

I got tired of the fights and the lies so I broke up with him and I tried to be friends but I had so much animosity towards him that I didn't see it in my heart to forgive him for everything that he had done ( I hold grudges) so I changed my number and tried to move on. During the break up I got into a physical fight with one of his friends that started over him instigating things and I definitely new then that we were never going to to be friends again.

He never called after that to see how I was but he still wanted to be friends with my brother and my brother just cut him out of his circle but after that he tried calling me, sending me flowers and money WTF! He wrote me poems and later turned them into songs but I just burned everything. He kept trying to get in touch with me for 2 years up to the day he found out that I got married and 6 months later he met this girl and mover her in and they have been together since but he still writes songs about me and I know the songs are about me cause some the lyrics came form the poems he wrote to me.

Is he really over me? He claims to be married to that girl but If I were her I would be p*ssed if my boyfriend or husband was still writing poems or songs about his passed relationship or is this normal for a musician? I've seen his girlfriend and she is not just unattractive she's busted. NO JOKE she has lopsided eyes bad skin and her teeth are pretty bad. She has a huge gap between her two front teeth and smaller gaps between the rest of her other teeth and they stick out. She's really skinny and is flat in the front and the back. What made him get with her?

What Guys Said 1

• It's hard to say if he's over you, but it doesn't sound like you're over him.

Chances are he just reused the lyrics because he liked them and thought they were good.

It's been 7 years, move on and focus on your husband and marriage. Who cares what this guy does with his life.

• Your right and I know I need therapy to gain closer and I've talked to my husband about certain things that still bother me because I don't want to make the same mistakes with him. The other thing that makes it hard is that a few months ago he moved into our neighborhood and I think that brought back some of the bad memories.

It hurts though that a person that I loved so much and who supposedly loved me the same could have hurt me as bad as he did and not care enough to be there for me.

• But it shouldn't matter anymore... you have a loving husband to be there for you and support you. Like I said, who cares what this guy does with this life. Focus on your life and your marriage.

What Girls Said 1

• None of that really matters does it? If you are happy about your decision to split with him and you are now married, why do you care what he is doing, thinking, saying or singing? If I was your husband I would be p*ssed that you are even worried about him. Who cares what she looks like? Do you feel pretty, confident, and secure about yourself?...Then what does it matter that he is with someone you feel is less attractive than you. Honestly...I think from all the concern of what he thinks, who he is with, what he says about you, I think your not over him.