Marriage: Bondage to be Avoided or a Blissful Institution?

There are so many differing opinions on this these days. What do you think? Is marriage an archaic idea that flies in the face of biology and common sense? Or is it an essential part of human civilization and one you hope never disappears?

Most Helpful Girl

• a little bit of both. it seems so old-fashioned to latch yourself onto one person and go through life like that... at the same time, marriage seems almost... everywhere- like every culture out there has some kind of marriage / partnership custom going on. personally, i hope i get married one day. i can't tell if it's because i naturally have the desire to be with one person forever or because i've been conditioned to "need" that to feel whole or successful as a woman. either way, it's what i think i need to be happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone really wants to have a Family and Children of their own then it's really worth the risk. Otherwise if they do get married and have second thoughts then they can try and work it out the best that they can within the first 5 years of their marriage or something, maybe first 10 years, and then if things go really really well, proceed forward and have kids, and other big life changing decisions otherwise they really should just split up and start all over again, it really sucks for kids in a family where their parents become divorced, although I've heard sometimes, but really really rarely that divorced parents actually got back together and re-married.

Anyone that absolutely do not ever wants children, it's not really a big deal. Married, Living together, I suppose it's easier to split up and not worry too much should something go wrong and just doesn't work out because kids don't end up in the crossfire of a divorce for those failed or really bad marriages. Childfree couple married today, split up after a year, just an example I can see that, they'd be less unhappier compared to a Couple that have a horrible failed marriage that involved children.

• I do agree that if children are in the picture, marriage - done correctly - is a very good thing.

• But if they are in the picture and and marriage is done incorrectly, they just married giving into pressure from friends, relative, family or relatives, or coworkers, and that they do NOT truly love each other or that they married out of desperation is a very BAD thing when it does not work out or sort out well in the end, for the kids specifically.

Thanks for MHO by the way.

What Girls Said 11

• I find marriage a beautiful thing. In my opinion it's the strongest form of relationship where two people promise to love one another and share the rest of their lives together.

• I think marriage is a waste of money and people use it to trap the other with them forever. Then if they try to leave, they would just screw them over and take all that they have.

If you truly love someone, you won't need any legal thing to bind yourself with another. It's like you are trying to prove how much you love them because the other doesn't know. Which is sad if having to spend a lot of money on worthless things just to prove it to the other.

• Marriage is... awesome.

• I believe it is what you make it. It has the potential to be beautiful, but it also has the potential to be disastrous.

• People aren't for marriage shouldn't pursue it. It's not for the faint hearted.

• this should be obvious for those whom have they're lover as they're best friend. marriage is only a vow of commitment and it's about being with the one you care about most. It used to be easier to understand when there was less humans and better government. oh wait... there's never been great government... maybe I'll move to Canada..

• For me = "Bondage to be avoided" at all costs for as long as I am breathing.

• Blissful Institution! If you think otherwise, please don't get married.

• Marriage is supposed to be a beautiful thing😊 A union that stands the test of time and binds two people body and spirit. Not because it's a prison, but because they never want anything to separate them.

• It honestly depends on the couple. I have a horrrrrible fear of not being able to move or not being able to use certain parts of my body... it freaks me out.
    But being dominated without chains and whatever is fine with me.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 10

• It can be either, just depends on the couple's mindset. My parents have been married for 31 years, and hardly ever seem to argue. Yeah, they have disagreements, but who doesn't? They have a blissful relationship together, and I have one with the both of them as well.

• When done right, Marriage can only benefit both people. Everyone is so shocked about the 50% divorce rate. I think is too low. No way that many people are emotionally capable to build a stable, healthy marriage.

• It has been great for me. They need to fix divorce laws though as women can just change their mind and destroy a guy financially and from a family point of view in that she usually gets the kids too along with the house, car, money even if she cheated and then files for divorce.

• It is fine if you are happy with each other, but not if one of you subsequently tries to change their partners basic life style choices.
    I have been divorced twice because each of my ex wives, in different ways, tried to change me from the person they married.
    It will not happen..

• I don't get turned on by dominating and hurting girls or getting dominated so I would never do bandage and I think it's kind of weird that people enjoy it

• requires discipline.

uncommon nowadays.

• I've always viewed it as bliss when done right or bondage when done wrong

• That's either very wish-washy or very logical, I can't decide which. :P

• if done wrong its a big crash and burn fuck up lol

• if you're madly in love.. go for it, if you have any doubts.. DONT

• it depends on your ability to find the right mate?

• It can be either one.