If you have sex outside of marriage it's a sin but if you have no religion and do not believe in this then why would you get married? As far as I'm concerned you can be perfectly fine with being bf/gf for the rest of your life without the proposal.
What does marriage mean to you? Why get married what is the point do you just like the idea of making it fully official? You can still cheat nothing changes except the World knowing you're taken by the big rock on your finger. Buy matching rings, matching braclets, necklaces, etc it's the same shit, right?

Please share your thoughts below.

I'll be giving MHO to the person (s) who gives the best answer by clearing this up for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage to me is a symbol of a legal, formal, bond that happens publicly. It's more of a stability factor legally, and it's a stability factor financially and mentally and emotionally to a lot of people. You can do the same things you did when you were boyfriend and girlfriend of course but in legal terms you're not bound together. Marriage is a symbol that you're done looking for anyone else, and it's a promise and a commitment that you're there for each other forever. It's a next level of commitment, because now you involve the legality of it. Now you legally share finances and are on record that you're married. .

Most Helpful Guy

• Without being married you aren't allowed to purchase jointly owned property ( eg home , fine car ) . It wouldn't matter how long you two had been together , if one should pass away ( in the even of no will ) the next of kin cleans house and the long time partner gets zilch

What Girls Said 6

• Well for me marriage isn't a religious thing. (keep in mind that I'm an athiest) For me it's making a lifelong commitment. You don't technically have to get married to do that, but I want to get married. I like the idea of the ceremony and memories that it brings. You're right, people do still cheat when they get married sometimes, but that does't mean that you should never get married. The actions of one or a few don't dictate those of everyone. And I don't really think it's the same thing as buying matching rings or bracelets. I do that stuff with my friends as a sign of our friendship or love for each other, but that's on an entirely different level than the love I would have for the guy I want to marry. I want to show and display that I love him enough to be bonded with him forever.

• I want to get married because in my opinion when the two of you stand up there in front of your friends and families you are making a promise to stay committed to one another for the rest of your lives. You're telling one another how much you love them and that you want to spend the rest of your lives together. I think that's really special

• To me it just feels like completely sealing the deal. It's like the next step after boyfriend girlfriend, a higher level of commitment. I just like the idea. Also, weddings are cute. And I want the whole family to have the same surname. 😛

• marriage doesn't mean shit. So fucking obsolete

• The way I've always looked at it is getting married is willing/wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person, that you feel he/she is all you'll ever need/want, and being bf/gf is getting to know the person and learning or finding out weather or not you'd like to spend the rest of your life with that person if yes you get married if not you end the relationship

• It solidifies the family unit. I couldn't imagine having a few kids with a person and still calling him just my "boyfriend."

What Guys Said 3

• Pretty much this:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e7ff4f71d1.jpg

Can't really claim her if you don't show a grand gesture.

• There are some financial and legal gains

• I don't believe in any sort of religion yet I still want to get married. I don't view marriage as religious at all. I view it as a celebration of committing to someone I love. Legally there are benefits to getting married as well. With all that said I am really looking forward to the day that I get married.