What is a good age to get married?

Of course I don't plan on it anytime soon but I'm just curious as to what a good time to wait is?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• No fixed number, or one size fit all solution. Some people marry very young and it still worked out and they stayed together. But I believe that is much rarer nowadays. While others sometimes marry much later such as in their early 40s or 50s and things also worked out, but by that time I guess they pretty much settle anyways and is clear in their mind on whether they actually want to be together or not want to be together.

I think it could be because guys have less pressure or worry because they do not have the whole "biological clock" thing to worry about unlike the ladies. Therefore guys have more time never have to worry about that deadline to have children of their own and end up making haste decisions and misjudgments about whom and when they marry.

But it won't really be a big deal for guys that don't even want kids to begin with, I guess they can wait it out much longer and just let it be on whether or not if they ever actually ever get married in their lifetime.

It's always best to consider every single thing before just jumping on the bandwagon of just because everyone else is marrying that they should just conform instead of asking themselves if marriage is really what they absolutely want and whether or not they will be truly happy about it and make haste decisions. Otherwise, it would turn out to be a complete disaster and a terrible experience for both parties.

You can ask the same question as to what is a good age to have children and there are no single answer that applies to everyone on this planet.

What Girls Said 9

• a good age would be 25-26 i reckon, but there's no rush. it comes when it comes.

• There's no age limit really, it's best when a couple thinks they're ready for that step.

• There's no specific age. Just marry when you are both ready to commit

• I just really don't want to go through a divorce

• Yeah I can understand how some people go through trumatic experiences but in order to move of you have to get it off your chest.

• On* not of

• A good age to get married depends on when the individual couple is ready. Also, they need to consider important things like finances. Some couples are ready to get married as young as 18 or 19. Others wait until their thirties or even forties. It just depends.

• Late 20's/ early 30's I guess.

• Anything above 18. It depends on where you are in your love life too. Some people are in a relationship long enough that they are ready some just start off. It's no race

• 30s for career people.

• I'm going with 30 because that's how old I will be when I get married

• When you are emotionally ready, but if given preference than I would say 25-30.

What Guys Said 13

• I wrote a myTake that should help you to answer this question:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a26192-when-should-you-get-married

• Around when you have a stable income and decent enough savings for a house. Most people get that in their 30s.

Some people can do it at 27ish if they get a very very good job (250k+ a year)

• whenever you think you have the right partner, you are both ready, and have a safe job and the money for it... so late twenties / early thirties or later I'd say

• It really doesn't matter. One of my friends from work was 25 and his fiancĂ©e was 18 when they got married. I plan to find a Christian girl on ChristianMingle or from this site.

• 25-30 ish sounds nice.

• After you turn 30.

Get yourself established in your career, have your studies out of the way, and try and get your debts down first.

• Don't rush, it's a big responsibility. When you feel ready and are able to accept the responsibility, then marry.

• 29. Thats the best

• No later than 24 for me, that's too old!

• X/0, since X=/=0

• I would say never but if I think 20-30 is good

• no means no

• 27 I think is about right