Sending boyfriend ideas for rings I like. Good idea? Bad idea?

We've talked about getting married eventually and he knows I'd like to be engaged in the next few years. We are buying a house together next year and currently live together in the house he already owns. This isn't about me pressuring him for a ring or anything like that. I've been quite clear that I'm not desperate for a ring RIGHT NOW or any of that kinda shit. I just want to give him ideas of what kind of rings I like. I don't want anythingbig or fancy or anything that sticks out and might get caught on my clothes. I want something very minimalist and inexpensive, and that will fit well together with a similarly minimalist wedding band.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with telling him what style of ring you like. Jewelry is a very personal thing so it's understandable that you would want him to get something you like, when the time comes. You've already discussed marriage and it sounds like you two are very serious about each other so, it's fine. :)

• Thanks :)

He does know I don't want anything fancy or crazy expensive. If he's gonna drop a few grand on me I'd rather be taken on a vacation than wear 3 grand on my finger lol I'd actually enjoy upset if he bought something that wasn't under $1000. Ideal would be a engagement and wedding band set for $1000-1500 max.

• *be upset

• Yeah, there's nothing wrong with telling him that. He should actually be glad you are being straightforward about it so he won't have to guess and risk getting you something you may not like.

What Guys Said 2

• If your boyfriend is also thinking of getting married, he should be fielding the questions - not you. If you do it, it's quite obvious what you're doing, and lets hope you're not setting yourself up for disappointment. However, if you're going to give him hints, be clear as to exactly what you WANT. Like, "oh, that type always looks the best to me". Don't even bother to say you don't like the other styles. If you only indicate one option, that's what you're likely to get. If you bounce between several options, well... guys can be pretty stupid. He'll probably get it wrong if you say you like too many things.

Guys will often find a sneaky way to figure out what you like.

• Don't do it, if he's like 95% of men he needs longer to be ready for marriage than you do and you need to wait until he proposes (or starts sending you ideas for rings). He won't enjoy feeling pressured (and he will feel pressured, even if he won't admit it) by you.

What Girls Said 6

• I've always thought it weird to buy property together if you aren't married. I think it's one thing to be in a long-term relationship and one person owns a house you both live in and that's their property if the relationship ends, but you guys are only dating, so what if after you have signed documents making you both responsible for the property, then break up? Anyway, about the ring thing, there's no point in bringing up ideas for rings because that does seem like pressure. If he were thinking about asking you soon, he would ask questions like that, otherwise you just seem pushy and impatient.

• If we break up we sell the house and split it. It's that simple. Since we don't have kids and both work full time, there's really no complications there. Everyone does things differently.

• Like I already told you, I'M the one who really wants to own a house together are this point. It was a joint decision based on what we BOTH want.

Just stop. You're being an ass hole.

• It won't blow up in my face. Suit yourself.

• as long as you made clear your intentions I see no problem. You could ask how sending the pics makes him feel.

• Go for it :) and make sure he knows your size. There's nothing wrong with communication and ideas! So long as he doesn't feel pressured, and it sounds like you've got that in check.

• Nothing wrong with telling him somethings you would like for it to be like. Though most of the look to it should still be up to him and how much he knows about you.

Honestly getting either a ring tattooed on your finger or something else on you. Seems like a better engagement/ wedding ring like Idea. That way no matter what you will never forget to wear it and you won't ever lose it.

• I think its a good idea. I actually have a few friends who did that.

• Good idea. It's hinting and it's subtle without being too see through or too opaque