What do you think about getting married early?

Hi everyone I'm 24 and lately i've been thinking seriously of marriage.. So In your opinion what are the advantages/disadvantages of getting married early? thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Advantages: Being with your best friend, longer time spent with them, more able bodied to do things with them more often, it's basically a permanent sleepover with your best friend.
    Disadvantages: Maybe money? I dunno.

Most Helpful Guy

• advantages: getting childs early so when your older they would already have a life and you focus on retirement

disadvantages: you may not be ready finnancially so a lot of sacrifics would be made at the beggining

What Girls Said 12

• My husband and I were both 24 when we got married. Advantage is you get a few years with your partner before having kids. We spent three years together before having our son then another two before our daughter. Enjoy the no kids and just you two stage. Sleep a ton if you can and do lots of travelling together. We went all over Europe.

• Everything is what you make it. There are going to be good times, bad times, and everything in between, and there are some 30 and 40-year-olds who still don't understand it but want to judge young people for wanting to get married when they and their spouse act like kindergarteners over the smallest things. I say it really depends on the people and that everybody is different. Marriage takes a lot of work and a lot of fight because sometimes the one you love the most may turn into a person you do not know, or even feel like your enemy. I think if anything, that is the biggest CON of being married. I don't think anyone wants to face hard times, but they will come. Frustrations and arguments over money, family, and other environmental contributors can either make or break a marriage. But I think the biggest PRO of marriage is having someone to share special moments with who loves you unconditionally and who you can fight out those hard times with. If you think that you will be able to handle all that comes with it, all around then, do you, boo, do you... lol

• I can imagine myself never getting married or having kids, but I can also imagine marrying someone while still 21 or 22 if I loved him more than anything in this world. So, there's your answer. Don't think about the age, think about the right person :)

• I dont see a problem with getting married early if you are stable enough and are at a good place mentally. Personally, im not there yet so i won't be getting married any time soon. Hopefully when im in my late twenties early thirties i will start that jouney ;-)

• i don't think 24 years old is early

• I would wait, getting married is a HUGE commitment, and then during the ¨Free time¨ of your life (usually ages 21-29) where you really have no planned things to do other than job, you would be with someone all day doing work and not having enough time (or money) to travel. I would say to date and go on trips with the love you have. I would wait until I´m around 28.

• Age shouldn't be a factor. You should think about marrying the right person, not when you marry them.

• Advantage: not alone, with someone you love and growing together as a person.
    Disadvantage: not living the 'single life' most young afults want to live.

• Youo're right. but for the disavantage argument i don't give a damn about having fun anymore.. And Thanks for replying

• That's cool, some people want to settle sooner than others. I'm sure you'll make some lady/man very happy!

• Yeah i will do, And thank you that so kind of you! :)

• I think the only true disadvantage would be not having a lot of money.

• I don't people can control at what age love happens

• I can't find the statistics, but I read somewhere before that marriage before 27 leads to divorce at significantly higher rates than marriage after 27, due to unforseen/unexperienced sudden stresses of daily life (money), and changes in people as they rapidly mature from early to late 20s.

Plus, why marry so early? Is there a need to be so urgent? Your entire life is ahead of you. Lots of people stay in a dating relationship for a long time before (if ever) tying the knot. Tying the knot is only a fancy formality of documents with unnecessary attached complications if divorce is an issue.

However, you are 24. That's not far from 27.

Just remember that there is no need to rush into ANYTHING. Marriage is just a cultural construct. Be absolutely certain this is what you want, because divorce is messy and stressful.

• you will have someone to come home to, and unconditional love

What Guys Said 8

• It's one of my biggest goals honestly, I can't stand how dating is now just for fun and not meant to lead to marriage for most.

• I'm totally fine with it.

• Why man not man. If you love the girl and want to spend the rest of your life with her then what is stopping you?

• Lmaoo have fun marrying in your prime age OP

• I would prefer to get married early

• I'm down I'm honestly more traditional but how things are looking i probably won't get married

• Weddings should never be before 2:00 in the afternoon.

• you gotta get a girlfriend first, homey :P