Girls, How important is a real diamond to women?

I'm a poor collage student and only had enough money for a nice band and plan on getting a good diamond for the ring later when I get more money. I'm just wondering how important it is for a girl to have a diamond right away or do they not care if it's fake until the guy can afford the actual diamond. Thoughts ladies?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Go with a lab-created diamond. They're almost indistinguishable from natural diamonds, you need a specialised machine to tell. They're not fake, they just didn't come out of the ground, and they're way cheaper than natural diamonds.
    To answer your question, if she cares that much about a rock, she's probably not worth your time.

What Girls Said 10

• It doesn't need to be a diamond at all, real or not. Regardless, I don't think most of us will care, it looks the same.

• Cheap/ fake rings will eventually erode and leave greyish/greenish marks where the ring sits, which given lead posioning so fake is reallly bad

• @Kim87 Sure, but he said that he had enough for a nice band. I'm pretty sure that fake diamonds don't turn you green, just the shitty metal in the band and that's not a problem in OP's case.

• I can tell. My parents just got me real diamond earrings for my graduation and I'm wearing them next to my fake diamond double piercings. The difference is soooooo obvious.
    I don't want a ring if its gonna be a fake diamond. Save up rather than give her something cheap.

• Why are you in such a rush to get engaged? Why can't it wait until after you've graduated and start working?

• I told my man it didn't matter... So he got me a 7$ promise ring from Walmart. I would be totally happy with it for now if it wasn't copper (lol turns my finger green) so maybe likeeeee a 40$ one for now. ?:)

• Dont buy cheap nasty stuff like a fake ring. Wait until you can afford it so you can at least her a decent ring, mind you my partner did get me a silver 9 carot diamond ring and he only paid for the on sale price for a set of 2 cost him around $2,500Au there is rings out there that are way cheaper, you just also gotta have a look around.

• If she really loves you or isn't a materialistic bitch, something like that shouldn't matter.

• Fuck jewellery

• Fake is fine, as long as you are giving it out of love that's all that matters

• A ringpop will do lol

• There are real diamonds out there for cheap... Ruby's are nice too I'm not sure if they bare more expensive or not but it's all for her taste