Why are people so concerned about marriage? Or want it so much, as to make it their goal?

I'm not saying I personally won't ever get married, but I see so many posts on here and on other online places always going on about marriage I get don't get it. I mean marriage doesn't mean love and you can unconditionally love someone without getting married. And when ultimatums are given saying if you love me then you'll marry me, cus I've heard of that before making someone 'prove' their love. Other cases I don't understand people's opinions is babies being born before marriage making a 'basterd' child, in more old fashioned areas I understand this concept but I'm directing this to modern societies. And before someone mentions this I fully accept marriage I just don't understand why some people make it their goal in life or gets really upset/think a relationship isn't 'going' anywhere cus there's no proposal or wedding in the near future.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can blame culture and religion.. I had my own reasons for getting married like the fact that I didn't want to be alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally want to get married because I would like to be able to share my life and create a family with the man I love one day. Sure, you can do that without marriage, but seeing how many young people today have children with multiple fathers or aren't with the person they had their child with in the first place. In my opinion marriage is a more solid form of commitment. Because divorce is expensive. You don't just marry someone to marry someone and if things don't work out then you just break up and that's that, you should be serious about it and the person you're marrying.

What Guys Said 2

• Eh.. I don't know. Just a cultural thing I suppose?

My dream ever since I was little was to have a wife and kids, though now I only really care, well.. Try to care about the kids part 😊

• because i dont see any reason why not to marry

• What about the money it costs to get married and that in essence its just a big party where you leave with a signed peice of paper

• @orphan Never thought of that, just looked it up and said if the patient is consious then they're able to make the decisions, or if the partner is on the emerency contact no questions are asked. if the patient is unconsious then the next of kin is called who would presumbaly call the partner, hell it even said a close friend not partner has out of hour visitation rights under dire circumstances.

• well that's good news =)

What Girls Said 3

• I dont... its just a piece of paper... I would marry a guy only if he wanted it but if he didn't I wouldn't trip really...

• Exactly I never really understood the whole fuss about marriage either, because nowadays it's not the big a deal because people always end up divorce, or separated. I guess the reason why a lot of females, and males make such a big deal out of it is because they're scared they'll be alone, and they want someone to be with "forever" I guess.

• yee ikr? Fuck marriage