Guys, Did all the partying and boy trips stop once you got married?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It did for me. I still hung/hang out with friends sometimes, and I stopped all the guy trips. I was the kind of person who did the guy guy trips and clubbing because I was lonely though, and so it was my way of seaching for someone. Once my and my wife got together, it was never an issue. But some guys like to part JUST to party and be with their friends. I think that hanging with your friends is coolas long as its not making the marriage suffer. Once your marriage you are committed and you are accountable to your spouse, so the partying and guy trips shouldn't be as often.

What Guys Said 13

• Stop? That's when they STARTED lol

In my teens, I had all the time in the world, but no money.

In my twenties, I had more money, but no time.

As I'm getting to age 30, I realize that I have more time than I had in my mid-20s. I'm a lot more financially comfortable now. Got an investment property that's appreciating in value and I have a revolving line of credit on. Got a home with a HELOC. None of the lines of credit are tapped into. If my wife or I both lose our job tomorrow, we can literally go on for like 1-2 years before being in a bad spot.

I'm literally just waiting for my good friends to save up enough so we can all get a winter cabin in the woods together in Pennsylvania as a weekend or vacation getaway, or a place where we can all come together and bring all of our families and extended families over for the holidays.

Vacations? Every year, my two good friends go somewhere together. Initially, it started off like upstate New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida. Next year, we're going to Cancun during Spring Break.

During the week? Depends how tired I am. If it's tax season and my wife is staying late, and not coming home until 10pm-11:30pm, and I'm done by 5pm, and my friends are done around 5pm too, then we're hanging out.

That being said, so what? What's my wife's problem? If anything, my wife doesn't care for as long as we spend time together on the weekend or when she wants to hang out. My friends' wives on the other hand...

But it's not like we're bringing girls over and taking turns gang banging them. We're just relaxing and regressing back to high school, and power chilling, with time and money. We're gonna have more expensive and cool toys. We're gonna have more interesting life experiences and stories to share. We're going to be able to bond and strengthen our friendship and relate to them on a deeper level. We're going to be able to identify with them, and re-affirm our own identity based on who our circle of guy friends are and the good times we're able to share.

It's important to me, and if my wife ever had an issue with it, that would be a serious problem with me. I don't tell her she can't hang out with whoever she wants. She can't tell me I can't hang out with my guys.

• I became faithful to my wife the night I met her. It did not wait till I married her. All that crap was gone by then.

• not entirely. being married doesn't mean that your social life should end or have to change drastically. i got married two years ago. i still go visit friends from time to time. i was never a big party guy but i do go to parties still.

being married shouldn't mean that you have to change your relationships with friends. obviously it means no funny business but going to a party or going on a trip with friends is fine and should be encouraged

• And sex too lol

• Define boy trips? Like out to the bars or just out of the blue travel?

• Once a year trips to for example Vegas? And nights out such as in bars.

• I don't do any of that and haven't partied in some two years now. But myself and a few do go to hunting camp from time to time. I am one of the few that brings my wife along being she hunts with me. She don't seem to mind being us guys do all the cooking and cleaning while we are there

• Not quite married, but essentially there and no, they haven't. In fact i cherish them more, taking some time away from each other is healthy.

• No, they didn't.

My "boy trips" before marriage consisted of sailing and hiking, which I continued to do after marriage, though admittedly I did less of them.

• Not really. My wife and I partied with friends and nights out - on the weekends and vacation/holiday. We both had good jobs (six figures) kept everything in check, and were enjoying it. My little crew of hard core guys all broke up. One of my old buds and I would get together and ride our Harleys - he was married too. I rode often alone.
    Life does and should change after you marry. Just hope you find someone you enjoy spending time with and is family oriented - otherwise why marry?

• i was never really in to partying and never really had a boys trips so , sorry i have no idea

• Only the partying stopped.

• It depends. It has for some, and it hasn't for others.

• Hell no, ato till I die gdis. Ruh rah baha

• nope i just dont wanna get married full stop