He PROPOSED and I didn't REPLY?

My boyfriend proposed and I didn't reply back to him, what could he be thinking? Its been 2 weeks now, he doesn't really talk to me first anymore? I start conversations with him via text though. What could be up? What could he be thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• You wrecked it! You were probably so stunned and you drew a huge blank and you probably wrecked your relationship!

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummm I dont know much about this, but he declared his love for you and you didn't even give him a reply. This might make him think you don't want anything to do with him, or that you don't see him in your future. So the best way to avoid being humiliated more, since guys who propose (past the teenage years of immaturity), put a lot of thought into it and could have also asked thoughts of others, perhaps told other people in the family of his intentions. (Unless he's traditional and your pregnant and he proposed because of that).

What Guys Said 12

• Are you serious? Its not about what he is thinking , its about what you are thinking. Why haven't you told him your thoughts about that? That's what he's waiting for. If he propose to you and don't even bother replying, then it shows as a lack of interest. So he is slowly loosing interest because you aren't taking him seriously. Go talk to him instead of asking questions here..

• i tell you one thing

he ain't yo boyfriend no more 😂😂

• "I guess she was just stringing me along then"

• Obviously he had expectations when proposing to you.

Do you want to marry him? If not then tell him and let him go so he can move on. If you do, explain why it took you so long to say yes.

Either way, a conversation like this has to be in person. Good luck! ;)

• He wants to know what's going on if you've rejected him or not. Us guys can't read you girl's minds, fill him in on what's up.

• How did the proposal go? how did he do it. It almost sounds like he did it over text or something.

That having been said.. A proposal rejection usually ends the relationship. I do know that it has happened to me.. She said no, and my next response was "And we are done" i walked out of the restaurant and left her the check.

The absolutely worst thing a person can do to me is waste my time. Time is the only finite resource that a person has. Wasted time can never be replaced

• He thinks you don't want to marry him. He's dealing with that realization.

• Proposed what? Marriage? He's probably embarrassed that he was denied.

• "Dammit, should had gone for that hot cheerleader instead"

• Damn that's fucked up.

• Two weeks? He's given up and is already banging someone else. Time to move on.

• He's thinking how he should move on, because you killed the relationship.

What Girls Said 15

• How did you NOT REPLY.. did you just ignore him? You can't do that to a guy.. the poor thing. You either say yes or no. And if it's a no, either break up, or explain no not right now because.. he probably feels terrible and rejected and is wondering whether or not to stay in this relationship because I'm sure he feels like he loves you more than you love him. Please talk to him about this and let him know how you feel rather than just not addressing it at all.

• "She doesn't love me," @Marketinglover.
    Instead of the Cat Catching your Tongue on the Hot Spot, You should have told him Something, Good or Bad.
    With you not saying a Word like you never Heard, He is Now... Really doesn't talk to me first anymore.
    Get your head together. It appears with you not Saying What Way you are Swaying, That you are not sure what you want to "I Do" or What you Are... Thinking.
    Right now Here, Dear, you are in his Dog House.
    Good luck. xx

• I am so confused as to what you said here...
      I can tell be the last sentence that you mean she's in the dog house (as you stated clearly in that last sentence) but the rest of it is just gobble goop.

I dont want to be rude but surely Im not the only one who got confused reading this comment. Im just hoping for some clarification on what you actually said.

• It's self exclamatory. xx

• Never heard of a face-to-face normal proposal without a reply. That's new. Did you just ignore him without saying anything and walk away? If so then that's cold and he might be thinking you don't really care about him.

He's obviously waiting for a reply whether it's a yes or no.

• its simple... he felt rejected when you remained silent

• He proposed in a text message? lol. That's a little weird but okay.

He could be thinking that you never really loved him in the first place. If you do actually love him, you need to let him know ASAP.

• Howd he propose?

• He probably thinks you said no so things are over or he's giving you space to decide

• he probably thinks you don't love him and are not interested in him.

• Girl you single now

• Maybe he thinks you rejected him

• He could probably be thinking that you don't love him.

• He's probably thinking its awkward to talk to you and wondering what your thoughts are. You can't just not reply you need to talk to him and tell him your feelings. Men have feelings too not just females.

• I feel sorry for this guy.

• You seem pretty obsessed by the whole thing, so why don't you ask him? No one can tell you but him.

• Did he propose over the phone?