He PROPOSED but we HARDLY TALK?

So my boyfriend proposed 2 weeks ago after 7 months of knowing each other, I didn't reply, but we've been talking on and off since then. Normally regular couples speak on the phone or via text everyday. I just want to know why he can't do this with me. I do start conversations sometimes via text. But he never starts the conversation first anymore. AND Why would a man ask a girl to marry him (face to face) but hardly talk to her? It doesn't make sense?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly what did you expect he proposed he said by proposing he loves you and is putting everything he has in his heart on the line to ask you if you will marry him and you don't answer to him to any man that's like the worst out come ever. If you said no at least the guy could move on with his life, if you said yes he can move forward with you, but saying nothing or leaving him hanging it's like toying with his heart. If you told someone you loved them and wanted to spend the rest of your life with them and they said o well I have to think about it or simply didn't answer you'd be crushed because that is worse than a no. For the love of God woman let him off the hook and give him a yes or a no already so he can do something rather than just be in an in between situation like that. Hell at this point a no would be more decent than what your doing. Seriously you've made him wait for two weeks just because your to afraid to answer a simple question. Hell it's being engaged not even married at that point you'd still have time to call things off if you wanted. This is how he feels he's roped his heart out and shown it to you of you take it his heart lives if you don't he puts it back in but what you're doing now metaphorically is putting his heart in a box that shrinks with every passing day. Okay here is a question very simple do you love Yes or no? Don't worry about anything else there will be more questions just simply answer yes or no.

• If you where Catholic he could marry you but the kids would still be by Muslim religion and tradition be considered Muslim by their faith and in that automatically be raised as Muslims. As to Christianity your child decides who they are and what they choose to practice. He could marry you if you convert, but the issue is the kids are going to be automatically Muslim to his family and to him. The other issue simply is you not wanting to convert which is logical. He can convert if he wanted to but I don't think he realizes what he's really asking of you.
      Honestly of he can't find a way I would say your options are one to elope in a non religious forum which cancels out the religions factors. His family won't except the marriage do their beliefs, but you will both by law be married and neither of you will have to convert, and the children can choose still what they want to believe in, and you get to keep your rights separate from the religious issues.

• The second option you separate and neither of you look back which is super shity to have to do. But at least then you and him won't have the major issue anymore and at least you but can find someone who you can love individually. I hate the options but they are on the table. Damn organized religions the issue is that Muslim religion isn't more of an open marriage concept so everyone either has to take it or leave it. If you where a Catholic he could marry you but the kids would be automatically Muslims by their religion and traditions so they wouldn't have the right of choice to religion because that would be a concept they where taught. The choice is his really not yours at this point tell him what we discussed and tell him to chose either he finds a way to make work without you needing to convert and the future children having a choice or its a no. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't sound like he's very good at communicating nor what it means to be in a serious relationship that would eventually lead to marriage. AKA: immaturity. If he is also 20 then this does not surprise me. While I'm aware that many people get married at young ages, it doesn't mean it's a wise thing for them to do. It's kinda like a baby who's just learning to walk going out and doing a marathon. That baby is gonna fall on his face... a LOT. I suggest taking adulthood on a little more slowly.

Also, one can never really know a person all that well when they've only known them for less than a year. It simply takes time and lots of it to REALLY understand a person well enough to even consider spending the rest of your life with them.

What Guys Said 5

• Youve known him for 7 months and you think its a good idea to marry him? You two haven't even lived together. No wonder divorce rates are so high.

• Well you didn't say "Yes". That in a man's brain means "No". And when we get such answer we being to reevaluate the relationship.

• Lol that's weird of him

• Wait he proposed over the phone?

• Possible cold feet

What Girls Said 4

• Is he upset because you haven't responded to his proposal? Does he feel weird that he proposed or regret proposing? You two are obviously still in the beginning stages or your relationship and you clearly have a LOT to talk about. Work on your communication skills and let him know how you feel.

• He probably doesn't know what to say to you because you didn't respond to his proposal. Every relationship comes to a point where you decide whether you want to marry a person or part ways. He is probably thinking about that. You can't just act like it didn't happen and move on. If you don't want to marry him you need to explain why or let him down easy and move on. He wants something different but you have to come to terms with that. Avoiding the situation will only make it more awkward and resentment will build. Good luck!

• it could be cb you didn't reply so he may feel rejected, upset by that. why didn't you reply?

• Because I didn't expect thatt proposal

• and your not supposed too. its supposed to be a surprise. Do you not want to marry him? you should be happy that he wants to commit to you

• Sometimes guy get scared when know he will marry