Do you think the man women pick to be their husband are the guys they truly want to spend the rest of their life with?

Studies have shown that women tend have more sexual attraction for men they had ONS/Short term relationships than they do with their husbands and a lot of people are opting to get married in their late 20's and early 30's.

This was a response from a male gager on another topic:

"Many women have a dream wedding that they always wanted as a little girl even though they don't want to admit it. Usually when they are young, many girls have no string attached sex, short term relationship, and some have long term relationship with desirable men. They eventually expect to get married, and are willing to pick guys who they would never have looked at in their 20's, if they won't able to snag a mate they truly found desirable to settle down with.
Do you think the man women pick to be their husband are the guys they truly want to spend the rest of their life with ?With so many young men opting out to get married. Their safety net (a backup guy) is gone, and they are worries of finding a "fall guy". So they employ shaming tactic of these guys are bitter in order to shame them into marrying them."

This was a female response:
"Our future husbands aren't our "backup guys." We just have different standards for a husband than we do for a casual date/hookup. Wouldn't you want a different girl to be the mother of your children than the girl you took home one drunk Saturday night?
The real problem is guys like you seeing marriage as a consolation prize of sorts. If a girl wants to spend the rest of her life with you, and build a home and a family, isn't that a good thing? Instead of feeling resentful that girls didn't choose you for a casual hookup."

Do you think guys who women want to get married in their late 20's and early 30's are really the guy they wanted to be with at the end of the day or are they settling?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Women who are sloots in their youth are damaged goods. I can't answer for them because I'm not one of them,

My husband is the only man I plan to be with. When I get married of course it's because I want to spend the rest of my life with him, building a family, home and life together. That's why people need to stop passing their coochies and crotches around like free samples. Those people are not husband or wife material.

What Girls Said 4

• I think most people who make the decision to get married have decided that that person is the one they want to spend their life with. Even if it is settling, they've decided that that's the guy they want to settle with. Just because he isn't the guy she's the absolute most sexually attracted to doesn't mean that his other qualities don't make him an even more attractive future partner. I agree with the female response you quoted.

• well for me, that is the intention obviously. not sure if u know how marriage is supposed to work lol.

• Not always, obviously.
    Just like with anyone else.

• "Married" and "settling" are polar opposite ideas in my mind.

What Guys Said 5

• I believe in a different theory. Women age horribly; whether it is right or not, a woman's physical appearance is what most men will value the most or is the first priority in finding the "one." There's a certain point in a woman's life where she cannot obtain the hot bad boys anymore. This is when the "biological clock" is ticking. This is when she will settle down with the nice guy or the nerd because he is stable and is going to provide a steady income. Now, the nerd doesn't mind because the woman was hot once or still "good looking" enough. it's similar to guys buying used Mercedes or BMW. Sure the car may have some mileage on it, but it's still a Mercedes.

• Not that I disagree that men go for the most physically attractive women, but this is really depressing and makes it sound like (a) a woman's most important quality is her looks, (b) marriage is entirely about sex, and (c) nerds are somehow "second" to non-nerds. If a guy isn't kind of a nerd I don't want him, and I don't want to be with someone who primarily values me for my looks.

• I should add that most people age horribly, but men aren't valued for their looks as compared to other things. Generally, men's income potential increase as they age. That's what makes most older men attractive.

• I don't know what you're on about.
    My wife likes fucking me, and I like fucking her.
    We both don't settle.

• I don't care because I'm not getting married.

• Most have to compromise. Unless they are top drawer they can get sex with a much better guy than they can get to marry them so objectively the guys they slept with but couldn't marry were better. It only makes sense.

Really first class women or lucky (unlucky) ones marry a guy more or less as good as any they banged but the average is probably slightly lower.

• Marriage is pointless.

But I read somewhere that around the age of 35 both genders start to get really worried and settle for just about anybody