Marriage so soon?

He often brings up that if we are together in the future, he doesn't want to have kids right away. Is he making small talk or seriously considering me?

Mind you we've only been seeing each other for about 3 weeks.

Is this marriage conversation as rushed as it feels?

Most Helpful Girl

• He wouldn't really be talking about this if he wasn't interested in a serious relationship with you. I doubt he's considering marriage any time soon. Instead, I think he's trying to get to know you better and see if you have similar interests as him.

I was once in a relationship for a solid year. I knew this man wasn't for me and that I had no interest in marriage or anything nearly that serious because I had plans for grad school and wanted to move away. But we never talked about the future. And it ended up hurting him in the end even more because he was looking for someone to settle down with.

Talking about the future is important. Three weeks is a bit early to start talking about that sort of thing, in my opinion, but it is possible he wants to make sure that you want the same thing he wants.

What Guys Said 1

• Much to soon. Date a few months, get engaged and talk about marriage months later.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it is way to soon to be talking about marriage. Usually the really you does not show until three to six months of dating. Right now its only good things you see. Give it time and the true him will be revealed.

• I think it's his way of letting you know that he cares a lot about you and can see a future with you. I doubt he's going to propose anytime soon, but just wants to let you know that he's really into you.