What would make you want to marry someone?

I wonder. What would make someone want t marry another person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Money. Power.

• Uh.

See the thing about both of those... is that they can go away at some point

• Aren't you the guy who said you love and respect your wife the most in this entire world?

Would you really be capable of doing that to someone you truly loved

• Wrong person.

Most Helpful Girl

• A man from Egypt had found me on FB 5 years ago and with Traveling over to him for the Second Trip... We tied the knot at the Ministry of Justice.
    I found out then by living over there, that I was not Into Staying over There... Forever. He was not Into living in the USA, Not his cup of Dusty Rose Tea, And with our other Personal Problems, I never went back.
    I think with this Fairy tale Land we were both Living in, We thought "Forever" was a word we used Lightly but never Totally Took.. Seriously. At least on my own end.
    People who get married, For it is supposed to be for "Better for Worse," It often happens, That no matter what, Things never get Better and it's Sadly Not... Forever.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 8

• I don't believe marriage is necessary for 2 people to be happy and together forever but having said that, we'd have to "click" in every way. She would have to be "perfect" in every way (perfect for me I mean, I can accept flaws, but I mean in the really important areas).

• So I can give her my word that I want to be with her for the rest of my life.

• Stability i never had a stable family life so having someone who love me and have a family together someone to go home to and know that they are faithful behind my back would be all the reasons for me to settle down

• If she's sexy, sweet, shares my values, and is willing to give me many sons and daughters.

• Love. I dont care about money and all that shit.

• a gun to my head, or a knife in my back.

• Love.

To bad I don't fall in love with people...

• She made and had as much as me or more,
    A meticulous prenup,
    Legal pressure if I lived in a far less politically advanced country for example more or less all muslim countries I know of (don't go to them unless you have to I'd be even more scared to go there if I was a woman much much more so in fact),
    Social pressures if my family and friends were pushy and manipulative and much less open minded.

What Girls Said 9

• I feel that I am comfortable with him, and I feel somewhat confident that we will be able to weather life together.

• wedding vows are basically a good summary of why i want marriage.

• because that person want to share his/her life with the SO for the rest of his/her life
    waking up in the morning next to that person and going to sleep next to that person

• My love for them.

• "want" to marry!! Its a big big decision. Many factors. Ambitions, Empathy, Dreams, Aspirations, Understanding and biggest factors outweighing them all which are love and respect.

• Cheese with crackers

• You want to marry someone you want to spend good days with and really bad days with someone who makes you really happy and someone you want to have kids with

• He has enough money to take care of me, buy me all I want and that I can stop working and just stay at home

• Absolutely nothing.