What would you do if your fiance told you that they tried to kill someone?

I am engaged to a guy that's divorced. He says that his ex-wife was very a b*tch towards him and one time he was drunk and he told me that she was provoking him and he was getting madder and madder, so he said that when he couldn't listen to her b*tch at him anymore, she was sitting on the couch and he grabbed her hair and dragged her outside and pulled a knife out of his pants pocket and he said that he tried to cut her throat and kill her. His brother came running before he did anything and took the knife out of his hand. He said he went to jail for 2 weeks. What would you do if your fiance told you something like this? What would you say to them? How would you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• You've just told us you're engaged to the WRONG man. If he has such a temper and is capable of killing a woman, then one day he may KILL YOU! Break off the engagement and get as far away from him as possible.

What Guys Said 3

• Holy crap. Umm.. I would no longer be anywhere around this person. People don't really change. If he's done this once, he'll do it again. You don't want to be afraid of someone all the time do you?

• There is no solid evidence that his wife provoked him (and even if she did, he still overreacted). Likely, he has anger management issues, and could one day end up doing that very thing to you. Get as far away from him as possible, and if he makes ANY threatening remarks, call the police.

• leave him as gently as you can, if he tried that then think what he would do to someone he's married to? youd be nearly helpless

What Girls Said 1

• id be very scared if he still drinks get away and I would try my best not to bitch at him or just leave him.