Girls, Ladies, What is your dream wedding?

Need details. What time of year? Type of venue? Number of people at ze wedding? Traditional/religious vs secular. Wedding band? Cake? Food? Budget? Honeymoon and its budget?

26

Most Helpful Girl

• I want a summer wedding at a vineyard. Any of our friends and family that want to be there (there will be controversy involved). I think I want a DJ and someone playing an interesting instrument (cello or harp, probably). I want a huge, naked cake. There will be pasta involved, and some type of seafood. I want to have a long engagement so that budgeting won't be a problem.
    Honestly, I hadn't given the honeymoon a thought.

• Oh, I should clarify the bit about controversy. I'm pagan and I want a pagan handfasting ceremony rather than a legal marriage.

What Girls Said 25

• Time of year - Spring, I guess? There'll be a lot of flowers and it won't be too hot or too cold, so it works well.

Type of venue - Um, I'm not really sure. I know I don't want a church, I'm not Christian, so I don't wanna have something somewhere related to god. But I also kinda want somewhere with flowers, so maybe an outdoor wedding? A castle could be pretty cool too.

Number of people - I have a pretty big family and I'll be pressured into inviting everyone, I know it :/ Ideally, I'd want me, my partner, his family (which is only like 4/5 people...), our close friends, and my family (cut down to about 10 people). Buuut I know that won't happen :P

Traditional/religious vs secular - As I already said, I'm not Christian and I'm not religious in any other way either so I guess I kinda want some tradition there but I don't want to bring any kind of god or religion into it.

Cake - Dude, chocolate cake would be so goooood. I think having something a tiny bit different and maybe getting cheesecake could be cool too? It's my partner's favourite so it'd be a nice touch.

Budget - Who knows? Not much.

Honeymoon and its budget - Ideally, I'd want to go to Greece or Rome just because that's to do with my studies and they're lovely places and I'd wanna go but I know that a honeymoon isn't necessarily the right time for me to be geeking out and ignoring my new husband :P I think that he'd ideally want to go to Japan and I'd think that would be pretty nice too so maybe Japan :)

• I am already married. I was married in a large church with 300+ guests. I had on a white lace trumpet style dress with a long train. We walked down the isle to ffvii music. Huge wedding cake. Lots of origami because I like origami. It was held on the first day of spring. We took lots of pictures outside. Total cost was about 10k. Food was 2k. Decorations was 2k. Clothes and wedding bands were 2k. My husband had to fly from Italy and I had to fly from the south, we got married up north where we were from, airplane tickets 2k. Dowry was 5k but my parents returned 3k as a wedding gift. Honeymoon was Venice but I got to live there for three years because he lived there. It was great, I would do it all over again.

• Well I'm already married, but it was a very informal, strictly legal courthouse deal. We didn't even dress up and the rings were a same day purchase from Walmart. BUT, I'm planning an amazing vow renewal for 2018 that'll be just like my dream wedding.

It'll be our third anniversary, around July 2nd. Probably an evening celebration to avoid the heat of high noon. The venue will be at a ranch near my home town, something with a lot of trees and a top notch view of the mountains. I'd most likely play up a whimsical rustic theme with lights and dried flowers or something. The celebration will be small in attendance, no more than 50 people. And it'll be 100% religion free and therefore significantly more fun. No band, just a laptop and a sound system. If I could find and afford a string quartet that does 5FDP covers I'd have it, but that's just not a thing. Same with live music that I like. The cake won't be extravagant, most likely just a two tier with white icing and a few dried flowers for decoration. I have a budget of just under $15,000 (venues and catering in my home state are insanely expressive!). Honeymoon isn't a thing, I see no reason to have one.

• Time of the year I think it would be in spring, not too hot nor too cold.

number of people? Hmmmm I would want it to be a medium sized thing. I have quite a big family so its gonna be hard to say a small one XD

cake... Anything lol I love cakes so it doesn't really matter 🎂

Food? In my culture or from what I see in our weddings food isn't always put. In looots of weddings we don't put any food, but in other wedding they do. So I don't know. I'm gonna let my future husband decide that XD

budget, I'm too young to think about that now. I'll think about it when the wedding is about to be done

honeymoon? I always wanted to go to Hawaii or some romantic place near to the beach, nice weather, etc😍 but I also know another place, its in turkey.. I always forget the naaame 😣 it begins with F. I think Fahiyet or something like that 😂😂

• first of all with my dream guy, with my family and the people i love <3
    Time of year: spring so its not too hot or cold
    venue: somewhere which can cator for our families
    no. of people: as many as we feel we need
    tradition: im catholic but if he was another type of christan would have a ceremony in their church too
    wedding band: something romantic and up to date
    cake: traditional white layed cake
    food: resturant wog/italian food
    honey moon: somewhere warm and romantic (budget how ever much we can afford at the time)

• www.destinationweddingmag.com/.../...-hualalai.jpg

this place. in the summer. i dont want a lot of people there which is why it will be a destination wedding. The resort would take care of the band, cake, and food. But i do want this cake..

miss-ingredient.co.uk/.../LA26065-2.jpg

• I've definitely dreamed about it a lot. I generally picture an outdoor venue, somewhere really green and foresty. With low light and string lanterns. Definitely a secular ceremony. Mostly laid back love songs. A lot of folk music, but with a DJ, not a live band.

Honeymoon, no clue, but I've always wanted to see Rome. I mostly date successful guys and I make pretty good money myself. So hopefully if I ever feel like I want to get married I get to make the wedding and the honeymoon the way I want. I can't picture getting married for a whiiiile tho.

Ooh also a tulle wedding dress with lace shoulder sleebes

• Oddly enough, I haven't thought about it since I was a little girl. Maybe around 7 years old?

So, I don't have a dream wedding or honeymoon. lol, we'll get there when it happens. PLENTY of time. :}

• I would prefer to be as simplest as possible. Just in a mosque, with my guardians and his.

And best friend.

We have a feast called Walimah that takes place after the wedding. It's a huge feast thrown by the groom's side inviting everyone.

So that would be pretty big as my family is super huge.

I have more than 70 cousins.

I don't want to go for traditional wedding which is super big and so on.

So I am going for just a simple wedding.

Though it is common in my culture to play music, I don't want any music on my wedding.

Traditional food, depending on who I marry; biryani, lassi, pani puri, and if I marry an Arab ☺️ Then shawarma, hummus lol jk I don't know much about their traditional food.

Budget is $$$ it will be expensive even if it is a simple one due to huge family.

Oalala for honeymoon , I want to go to Morocco maybe or Dubai.

And it's budget is on him so he knows

• I want a wedding on a warm day, morning wedding. So that it's warm, but not hot. And then the venue will definitely have to be at a wine farm in South Africa. Lol somewhere with a nice aircon venue for the reception. Maybe the Lorde Charles Hotel in Somerset West, SA I want to get married in a church, specifically one in Raithby, SA. Cake?
    Ahh would love to do different flavour for every layer. With simple but a little bit of bling.
    Food? Something for everyone, like a buffet. The Lorde Charles has a great spread for weddings.
    People? Just friends and family, nothing too big
    Budget? R100 000+
    Honeymoon, I want to do a few locations.
    Definitely 2 weeks in Montague Springs in Montagu, and then off to a few other cities or countries. Budget? 20 000

Rememberrr rand is way less that the $ haha

• An orgy in Palm Beach Florida

• Time of year - anything except summer
    Type of venue - something cool like a cave, or a boat or a castle
    Number of people - close family and friends (would be around 150 at most)
    Semi traditional
    Wedding band - leave that for future husband to take care of
    Cake - lemon cake with coconut cream filling and decorated with fresh berries
    Food - definitely a BBQ, plus loads of alchohol
    Budget - as low as I can get away with (up to 15k at most)
    Honeymoon - 1 month going around Asia (budget 5k or so)

• I live in Canada and I actually wouldn't mind getting married in the winter. I've already picked the venue!! A cabin in Northwest Territories from where we could see the northen lights. Probably 100 guests.

• I don't know... i guess something traditional... but... :'( :'( :'(

• Are you getting married? Congratulations :)

• Not yet, but it should be worked into the long term budget.

• I would love a barn wedding in the winter. Ornamental but simple trees, loads of candles everywhere on wrought iron stands. Mulled wine and cider. I would have blankets with my family tartan on the backs of everyone's chairs. I have always found the winter to be way more romantic

• Indoors in a hotel ballroom.
    Cake would be red velvet haha. Lots of layers
    Traditional ceremony
    Medium sized (i have a lot of extended family)
    Food would be anything that tastes good. I'd wanna be able to afford an open bar too.

• Spring/outdoor/under 30-40 guest/traditional

The rest he can choose haha

• A super cheap one! With lots of dancing and fun. And the ring bearer dressed as a secret agent cause thats hilarious

• I honestly don't even want a wedding.
    I just want to go on an awesome honeymoon.
    I don't really have a dream honeymoon so i don't even know the budget, but I do know that not having a wedding will make our budget bigger.

• I don't have one.

• I've always wanted to have a beach wedding on some beautiful island. Haven't thought much further than that.

• Summertime, at the beach. Small wedding. Traditional. Beach music band. Chocolate tier cake. Italian food. Not too expensive.

Honeymoon- Stay in igloos under Northern Lights.

• Don't really care about all that tbh and haven't thought about it much apart from I've just always known the actual ceremony will have to be religious and my boyfriend knows that. And the music for the reception will be a nice mix of music. And food from both my two countries.

• My "dream wedding" was always very simple, but since I moved abroad it has become a fantasy.

All I wanted was a small ceremony with a few guests in this chapel.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...7ee62c5df0.jpg