Do you think it's good to wait until marriage to have sex?

For whatever reason, do you agree with waiting until marriage to have sex? I'm a Christian so, I'm kinda supposed to wait but some people say that it's bad to wait because you don't know if you're husband/wife would be good in bed. I've definitely thought about this and even though I don't really want to wait I'm not going to pick and choose what aspects of Christianity I'm going to follow. So, where do you stand on this topic?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well statisticly it has been shown to be better for the marriage, higher rates of happiness and lower divorce rates (1% chance of divorce with one partner, 16% with two). So the only real issue is your and your future husbands view on sex ie if they take the approach that sex is a sin/bad then that will cause issues, if however both of you embrace your sexuality but just dedicate it to each other you should have a very good healthy relationship both in and outside the bedroom. Statisticly speaking.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm also Christian and I think you should wait. It allows you to have a very strong foundation in your relationship and truly get to know the other person.

What Guys Said 6

• For me, no. I threw that out the window almost a decade before I got married, and I won't get married again, so it's a big, fat NO.

It depends on how bad you want to get divorced, and whether you want to actually be able to bond with your future husband. Look up the stats sometime on how the number of partners a woman has had correlates with the chance of divorce, and how the number of partners reduces her ability to pair bond.

• I think that's a horrible idea...

• Could you elaborate, please?

• I think sexual compatibility is important. If your drives don't match and you're not satisfied in bed, it'll never last. You won't know if you're satisfied if you wait until after marriage.

• Nope because u might not be sexually compatible

• Make your own rules.
    Create your own holy book.

• Nope, sex is normal human nature and you need sexual compatibility.

• We can let our flesh rule us or wait and trust in God that he will find the right partner for us. What does your heart tell you?

What Girls Said 8

• I think waiting till marriage is one of the reasons that people rush into a marriage that doesn't work out. I don't think unbearable sexual tension is a good reason to get married.

Anyone who could wait longer than a year to have sex doesn't have enough libido for me.

• Why would it matter if he's good in bed or not? that kinda skill can be worked and most important is that he is loving , caring , loyal anf comitted to you.
    It's shallow to judge a whole life of marriage based on how good yhe D is lol

• I think anyone can do as they please, wait for the right person, or when they're ready, or for marriage. To each their own. I personally am going to wait when I have the alone time I want with my boyfriend.

• " because you don't know if you're husband/wife would be good in bed. "
    That to me sounds kind of dumb.

I do think it is good to wait until marriage & that's what I am planning to do.

I won't have to worry about if he is bad or good because I don't have any previous experience; & practice makes it perfect right?

• the idea behind waiting is that you'll be in a mutually loving and secure relationship which you can build a family. also, if you marry another virgin sexual compatibility won't be an issue

but for me, as long as you're mature and in a mutually loving relationship, waiting is not necessary

• Honestly, you can always just teach your husband/wife to do better. You don't have to marry them based off their sex... Lol.

• I am going to wait. You are a Christian, so you should know that there is many verses that says to wait.

Now, are you going to go by what God says, or other people?

• 3 years past the point of waiting. I feel like the wedding night should be amazing. First time sex? Not amazing at all. My decision was that I didn't want to be bleeding in pain on my wedding night, I want to enjoy having sex. (Especially if Its in a hotel, white sheets...)