Would you marry someone who doesn't want to have children?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. That'd be wonderful.

What Girls Said 35

• No, they don;t want the same thing as me, so therefor our future isn't the same. can't have a future with someone who doesn't want the same goals as you because you'll just end up resenting someone. Kids aren't just something someone can just give up because their partner doesn't want them and vice versa.

• Nope. I know that I want children so I'm not gonna get into any kind of serious relationship with someone who doesn't, it's just not gonna work out.

• No, because I'm family oriented. I adore kids and want to have children with my SO. It'll enrich my life. I'd get great satisfaction from caring for my family

• It is my dream to find a decent man who's loyal and doesn't want kids.

• no i would never.

• Probably not, I want children so that wouldn't work out very well.

• No, that's a deal breaker. I can't wait to have children someday.

• No, I think don't even think it's because they don't want children. It's because I think I'd feel they lack the ability to feel dedicated to people. I know that's not true for everyone but the "I can't be bothered", attitude is not something I'm interested. I think I'd wants to experience that part of life. I don't believe in not being able to follow your dreams because you have kids.

• nope cause that would be a deal breaker to me... i want kids

• Nope. Bye bye!

• Probably not.

• No definitely not especially considering I'd be bringing2 kids to start with.

• I wouldn't marry someone who DOES want them!

• I don't want children now and in at least 10 years. But I am pretty awesome to die without children so probably I wouldn't.

• yes. I don't want any children, so that would just be perfect for me

• Considering I don't want children I'd say that would be ideal!

• I'm infertile and don't want kids anyway, so yes. If anything its a requirement for me.

• No.
    Wr don t have the same ideals nor goals then the rl isn t going anywhere.

• This is a tough one. As much as I do wanna have children someday, if it felt like he was really my true love, I could MAYBE give it a shot. But he better let us have dogs then.

• I wouldn't be with someone like that.

• nope. I want to marry someone who is cool with either.

• Hell yes, I dont want kids either.

• Yeah, that's a requirement for me.

• No I wouldn't

• Yes. I don't want children either.

• No I wouldn't.

• No, that's a deal breaker. I want kids so that wouldn't work out.

• Yes I would because I don't want kids

• Yes I would

• Considering I want like 4-6 kids, I'm going to have to say no.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 23

• It's really either I "choose to" or I "choose not to" and those 2 would be the only options left for me.

I didn't want children because I feel and think the bad and horrible tragic things that come with this reality and world would Ultimately outweigh the good, I know it's deep.

If we were already in a reality that is a complete Utopian paradise where suffering, pain, injustice, crime, and tragedies no longer even exists (or better yet, never had existed in the first place), and everyone only dies comfortably in old age in their sleep every single time consistently then I wouldn't feel or think the way I am currently now, and having children would have not been something I would think so deeply about.

Besides I don't want to have to deal with a situation where if I had kid (s) and for whatever reason they become depressed and unhappy with life and disappointments, and then may ask and think the same unhappy existential thoughts and feelings as I do such as "Why did I create them or brought them into existence here?" Other than merely because I "could" bring them here and because they had never asked me or demanded me to bring them here in the first place.

It's a whole paradox thing in regards to "selfishness", when and if they were to suffer from severe disappointments and happiness then they may think whether or not I only brought them into existence just so and only to serve "me" and take care of "me" when I become old and dying, just because "I" was afraid of being alone and dying alone, and thus those are the real reasons therefore I had created them and then put them into this whole cycle all over again.

It's troublesome, I really would rather spare someone the burden from coming into this reality since the possibility and probability of things going wrong and turning out bad is generally GREATER THAN that of it turning out just completely fine. Look at where we are now, it isn't really gonna be getting really any better any time soon and may become worse. Take climate change for example, and then there are the current wars and constant threat of a even greater global war.

• yes i would

• Nope, that's been a goal of mine for a long time so that's a deal breaker.

• So I want 8 children. I know, I might be exaggerating, don't know if I am myself, but I do know I definitely want 2.
    And how can one not want children? If it's the whole getting pregnant, the sickness et cetera, then I'm down with adopted ones, but if she won't meet halfway, then boy must I really love her if I agree.

• I'm not sure I hate myself enough to just quietly accept the implicit inferiority of my genetics if I fail to procreate, so that's a bad idea.

• trust don't marry those who don't want kids. My father didn't want kids till one day I came. He said goodbye and have a good one.

• No. I really want kids in the future, so I can't marry a woman that doesn't want kids.

• No I'd eventually like to have children. Karma is a bitch though and I'd most likely go through hell if I had a daughter lol

• of course not. what would be the point of marriage?

• I want children in the future, so that would most likely be a deal breaker if it's a definite no for her

• As someone with no particular desire to have children, yes. As someone who doesn't see a point in marriage, no.

• I am indifferent

• Nope.

• No that's a deal breaker, I want children in the future.

• No I wouldn't I want babies

• Yes because neither do I

• no i would not. i want children.

• Nope.. that's a deal breaker. I can't wait to have children someday.

• Yes I would

• I don't believe in marriage as much, but I do really want children in the future.

• Hell no.. I want kids one day.

• Nooooo no way

• SOUNDS IDEAL