Overwhelmed... why does my Mom keep bring up wedding ideas & "the future"?

My boyfriend & I have only been dating for 11 months. He recently graduated from Pharmacy school & is now focusing on studying for his boards & looking for a job. We live 2 hrs away from each other & haven't really been able to see each other on a regular basis. I'm 26, he's 28; we both have similar religious views & he's dead set on marrying me. He's mentioned rings & how he's gonna have 2...1 for work & another for get togethers.

I'm trying not to think about it too much bc then I get myself worked up & excited, only to be let down & I wish my Mom would stop bringing up wedding things... dress ideas, table centerpieces, DATES!

Am I crazy for not wanting to think about it at this time of my life? Don't get me wrong... I want to get married someday. I want to marry him... I just feel very overwhelmed:(

What Guys Said 1

• You're not wrong tell your mom to back off

What Girls Said 2

• Thats pretty normal thing for moms. They want to see you happy and planning a wedding is very exciting for a mother. Its okay to just tell your mom that you are not ready to discuss it.
    My mom was constantly talking about my wedding, and I told her I had already agreed with my boyfriend we wouldn't think about it until we had been together for 2 years. Then I just strategically change the topic whenever she brings it up.

• first of all.. calm down
    media.riffsy.com/.../raw

you're lucky to have someone who loves you and who wants to marry you and have a future with you... be aware of that :p
    your mom wants what's the best for you and her tryna "push" you to realize that you should get married is her way to show you that its time to have your own happiness by the side of your boyfriend..
    hope you the best :)