What are the reasons why guys don't want to get married?

Okay! I'm just asking this cause I'm a little confused with my situation now and now started to question myself if I'm not really a guy type to marry, I mean I've been in a relationship with this guy for almost 10 years and we have a 8 months old baby already and still not married and our relationship is okay, happy and we are both in love. We have both our own career and I think we can pay for our wedding.

Most Helpful Guy

• You guys have been together and yet not married but have 8 months baby now. Not a good sign if you guys wanted to get married. Should've waited till you were married to have kids. These questions should've been answered before having a baby.

There is genuinly no clear answer to this, as it is only your boyfriend who can answer this question. I would suggest you do talk to your boyfriend as soon as.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because by living with a girlfriend, they can enjoy all the benefits of a wife without having to say, ''I do."

This is a no-risk way to test the idea of marriage. Since they don't have to worry about their biological clocks, men say they want to wait until they are older to have children.

They really do not want to be pressured into marriage by a woman whose primary goal is to have kids.

And also their greatest fear is that marriage will require too many changes, compromises and responsibilities. After all, it's a lot more fun to play poker with the boys all night long.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 7

• Could it be he might be scared of marriage because when people are in a relationship for a long time then they get married then, things start going down hill. Most of the time the man take the punishment when it comes to a divorce. Seeing 4 guys I know go through it have me scared of marriage too.

• He's still with you and has a child with you so he's not afraid of commitment. At this point marriage has little to no extra value to add to your relationship, that is the truth. To you the idea of marriage still exists as an ideal in your head, an abstract goal. It may be different for him, he may even see it as nothing more than a potential financial risk.

• I don't know, but he did proposed to me back when we still don't have a baby, I guess that was 2 years ago.

• Ok, so he proposed, you turned him down, later you had a child with him and now you're wondering why he doesn't propose and if you're a woman no man wants to marry?

I mean I don't want to sound too harsh, but come on, the answer is right in front of you...

• After ten years and a child together, you still need validation? What is a piece of paper or rock on your finger going to change?

• Your relationship: not broken
    You: wondering why you haven't fixed it

• Our relationship is okay and happy and he's a really good father to our son. It just that we are still not married.

• So what? You have a healthy relationship after 10 years. That's more than most people have, especially at that age. It's the thing that matters. Marriage isn't gonna make things better, why waste the money? Put that money into a good whole life life insurance policy for your kid so he has money for an emergency or retirement.

• because divorce is really bad.

• Yeah it is but our relationship is proven already.

• thats true as well. i think men are afraid of all the divorce rates.

• You both are already living like husband n wife.. So its not necessary for him to marry you. He will eventually break up

• I just don't think its worth it anymore. Most guys i know are not interested in marriage for many reasons. Me personally, i like to be on my own and independent from women.

What Girls Said 3

• they can't deal with being tied down

• They think that marriage has and always will only benefit women. I didn't know that being considered goods to be traded like a sack of potatoes for most of recorded history was beneficial.

• A study actually found that 96% of men make it their life long goal to get married!