How can I make my wife feel better when she's sad?

My wife had a miscarriage last month she's still upset about it. The first few omt nights she couldn't sleep. First night was really rough on her she had a dream that she gone to heaven she said our unborn daughter was there she welcome her in and hugged her. She was really sad after that. She's seem to be getting better during the day but at night she gets whiny and upset. We have a son who is 6 were not sure how to tell him or even if we should tell him. He's a really smart kid but I don't want him to be upset over it I don't know if he'll understand it. My two boys don't seem to care about it but they're older. It doesn't bother them. Me and her took a break for a while but we're back together now she wanted to
a break from each other for a while. She was really sad and angry last night she was hot and wanted the fan on I turned it on then 5 minute minutes later she wa cold I turn it off I got mad at her I didn't mean to. Now she doesn't want to have anymore kids I do. It makes her sad when we talk about it. How can I help her feel better?

Most Helpful Girl

• You cannot make her happy when she is sad. Being depressed is different from being just sad.

That said, there are some things that you can suggest which can be helpful.

Take her for walks out in the sunshine. Or maybe she'd rather go bike riding? Both exercise and sunshine are well known to make people feel happier.
    Plan an activity together that involves social interaction.

For example, invite a few people over for dinner, or plan an outing with others. She might find it difficult to get up the energy for the planning, but there will be some satisfaction in actually making it happen. Make sure the people are positive and cheerful, not gloomy complainers.

You could also plan an overnight trip or vacation somewhere. Either near or far, long or short, but a break in daily routine can be welcome. Especially if it is to a sunnier place than where you live! Or just rearrange the furniture, or get a bright new rug.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Time heal all wounds. There isn't one thing you can say or do to make it better. Sorry for your loss.

What Girls Said 3

• This is a very traumatic experience for her and she needs time to move passed this. The best thing you can do right now is try to support her. If she decides that she doesn't want anymore kids, respect that decision and try not to be selfish, especially in a situation like this. That being said, you need to look out for your mental health, as well. Seeing her sad/upset can effect your mood and can leave you feeling physically and mentally drained. I think the best way to help you both feel better are dates. Try going out, have some fun. Do the best you can, just remember that you're not perfect.

• I don't have kids but as a woman I feel like s miscarriage is the worst thing that can happen to a women. It's like not being able to do something that you were made for, and probably that's just how she feels.
    Maybe she doesn't know how to react towards you. Give her space and time, but be there. Show you care and you support her.

• sorry for what she went through... give her time and support her

What Guys Said 0