If I convert Judaism, will my children be jewish?

My fiance is jewish, I am black. I am just curious. If I convert will my kids be jewish or does my blackness make my kids not acceptable to jews? I am only curious.

Updates:
I do know there are black jews but honestly I have only encountered white jews. I am not sure if those blk jews are accepted.

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Judaism is one of the few religions where the religious bloodline goes through the mother.

If it is accepted or not is a different story. Personally I think its stupid to convert for your partner. Its about your beliefs and not about pleasing your partners beliefs. He knew full well what your beliefs are and still got together with you. Additionally be converting for him and not for your belief in god you are disrespecting the religion in itself.

0|0
    0|0
    • My fiance is atheist. He is jewish by ethnicity, raised by two jewish parents. All his family are jews. I am only curious.

• Show All
    • Well his jewish origins do influence him and his behavior. He still wants a rabbi to officiate the wedding. I don't really care. lol

• He also wants to incorporate jewish traditions into the wedding. This is coming from a man I have never seen wear a yamata or do anything jewish other than speak a bit of Yiddish. Lol. However I like it. As long as we "jump the broom" too. We will create our own traditions blending our backgrounds. It will be awesome.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really know, ny Jewish friend was adopted by her Jewish Mother but her biological mother is not Jewish (she couldn't get pregnant so her father had an artificial insemination with an another woman's egg).
    She just found out last year and she wasn't happy , she said she can't marry a Cohen because her biological mother is not Jewish. But she is still jewish (my friend).
    So I don't exactly know how it goes but I heard it goes through the mother's bloodline, if you convert they will be Jewish i guess.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• You children will choose for themselves. Im Christian because God chose me not because my parents chose for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol good question but does it really matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Well don't convert them. Let them became an atheist. They will find their own path 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • Acceptance isn't important here, you make your children what you raise them like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, under Jewish law, if the mother is Jewish, the kids are, too.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not if she's a convert. The children have to convert too if their mother is a convert.

• Show All
    • No, the kids are not jewish till they convert themselves.

• @DearLife ok

What Girls Said 4

• There are 'black' jewish people. Yes your children will have the jewish religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can t convert to judaism from what I know.
    both of your parents need to be jewish for that

0|0
    0|0
    • You can actually convert to Judaism. Its a lengthy process in that you have to learn about Jewish culture and religion. Nor sure where I remember that from however Lol

• @Oram52 oh I don t know, I just remember seeing it some place too xD

• no, they won't be Jewish but not because of your color lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao no
    You will just be a converted jew and your children would be converted Jews

0|0
    0|0