Wearing white in your wedding when you already are a mrs and almost hitting 50?

But still you want to go through all the dream marriage like any single lady goes through ( big party at a lavish place wearing white, lots of guests and your dress is long). What do you think of it? I just want to know your point of view and perspective on it on the issue. Im putting just an example. Yesterday a coworker got married, this lady already was living like a married woman to say it in a way with the guy she married yesterday like 9 years ago (until yesterday they decided to officially get married) and they both already had a 8 yr old son, and they alreayd had been living together as a family since the son was born 8 years ago. So the lady wore a white long white dress and had her wedding like any other normal single lady in her 20`s or 30´s with no kids involved first.

I heard that there are ladies in her same position that they are more kind of discret and they married just on the legal way not through church, and also they wear other colors that are not white, like beige, cantaloupe champagne, cream color and everything is more discret and reserved.

Im not here to judge as I know each person is differnt but what do you think about it, what´s your personal opinion on it.

Also I know this is a woman issue but guys are welcome to give opinions to see their own point of view as well on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its your wedding. Do whatever you want with it. Marry in white, marry with cat costumes, have a Star Wars wedding - its ultimatively up to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you asking this because you want to do the same? Or just asking what other people think of your coworker? Something I learnt in life is not to judge people, because you never know their story, you don't know where they come from, the only ones we can judge is ourselves, even if they lived together for many years and they want to make a big wedding with the white dress and all, let them be, it's their lives, they should be allowed to live the way they want, especially when it comes to love matters, for me marriage is the ultimate demonstration of love, so for me your coworker and her husband were just showing the whole world how much they love each other and that they aren't ashamed of showing it, why should it be discreet? Who has the right to tell them how they live before was wrong? Live and let others live, and if you wanna do the same or not, go for it whatever the case is

What Guys Said 1

• Do what makes you happy. I don't see any issue with it all. I think it's your day and you should wear whatever you like.

What Girls Said 4

• I think people can wear whatever color they want for their wedding so long as they're not lying about the reason for it. Like "I'm a born again virgin" lol no you're not. If someone wants to wear white then freaking wear it, it's just a color.

I don't really get why women want these lavish weddings so hundreds of people could be focused on solely her. I'm sorry but your wedding is NOT about you it's about the joining of two people. I'd rather have a small wedding filled with close people I love and my husband loves. It's his day just as much as it is mine.

Going into the marriage with only thinking about yourself is setting yourself up for a hefty fall. On my wedding day I'll be focused on making it special for him just as he'd be focused on making it special for me. That's how it's supposed to be.

• It really doesn't matter. It's their wedding, if she chooses to wear white, than wonderful for her.

• I think every woman should have a dream wedding. I did many years ago. So go for it

• I don't see who it's hurting for her to have a white wedding. Go on with your bad self, I say.

• I was just making a question as I heard many women saying that she should had been a bit more discreet cause she already has a son and alrady was living with a man. Discreet in saying her dress could had been another color not really white.

• Maybe im still old fashion as f it was me i wotn be wearing white but other color and much less a long dress but more of a short tailored dress cause to be honest and tehre are beautiful short dresses in the market, there are certain type of dresses taht at a certain age does not look good on you.

• But it's not your wedding. She can and should do what she likes.