My mom, brother and I are practicing Catholics and my girlfriend isn?

my mom, brother and I are practicing Catholics and my girlfriend isn't. my girlfriend and i dont want a big fancy traditional wedding same with the reception want a simple wedding while we dont care how we get marred as long as its simple and small. we are afraid that my mom is going to force us to get married in a big church and also force my girlfriend to convert to Christianity?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's you and your girlfriend's lives. You can always take family members ideas into consideration, but in the end it's about you two. My mom and her family are Roman Catholics, while my dad isn't. After discussing it, they decided to have a small church wedding, because they both liked it. You can pay for it yourselves, so you can have it your way for sure then.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mom forcing you? Come on, you're an adult, the decision is yours and your mom has nothing to do with it. The same for your girlfriend. It will be your marriage and your life with her, you are the one who will decide things, not your mother. So, don't be afraid, act instead, do it the way you wanna do it.

What Girls Said 4

• You and your girlfriend are both adults, and you have the right to make your own decisions about your wedding and your religious beliefs. It's understandable that you might worry about your family's expectations or feelings, but at the end of the day, nobody can force you to do anything you don't want to do.

• Its your wedding and between the two of you. I know parents like a nice wedding to show their friends, but they should respect your relation. Anyway, try to find a compromise you can both live with. And converting to Christianity is your girlfriend choice. Nobody should be forced to a certain religion. That is what we are all fighting for against ISIS.

• Pay for it yourselves. Then no one can force you to do anything.

• I think that it should be simple as both of you want because it's your own life starting from now

What Guys Said 2

• Being forced is a term used by those who feel they have no choice in how their life plays out

• Is she Catholic--or even Christian at all? If you're a devout Christian, and your girlfriend isn't, then this isn't going to work.