Girls, How can I hint to my partner that I've changed my mind about marriage?

Hi ladies

When me and my partner started seeing each other, I told him that I've never been the kind of girl who wants to get married and in all honesty I hadn't ever wanted to get married before. He told me he agrees.

As our relationship has gone on and things have gotten more serious, he's said different things like "I'd love to see you walking towards me in that" (in reference to a wedding dress we passed) and "if we were to change our mind on marriage..." He's told me he wants us to spend our lives together and we are looking to move in with each other.

Lately I've been thinking about marriage and I've no doubt that I would actually like to marry my partner. But I don't want to come right out and say that and risk scaring him off haha!

How should I move forward with this? I'm not sure if I'm reading the signs right where he is concerned. I'd like to drop hints into the conversation but I am completely unfamiliar with this whole thing.

Any thoughts?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're not sure I think you should stick around a bit longer until you're sure that marrige really isn't want you want. It'll be sad if you say it's not what you wanted and told him and he leaves but then you change your mind. Think about it a bit longer.

• I originally said I didn't want to :) but now I'm starting to change my mind hehe. The idea of spending our lives together and taking that step forward has gone from being scary to actually really lovely, but I have no idea how to say my opinion on marriage has changed without scaring him off haha.

• Well I still say you should think about it a bit longer 😜

• Thanks for the mho 💙 Hope it went well for you

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah. I think it depends who you're with. When you are with the right guy, someone you love.. Marriagw is more appealing. However when you're mixed up and not around or with the right guy it seems like something you shouldn't or can't ever do. I think it depends on the person you're with. My guess is you're in love.

• Haha yeah it seems as though I am XD more and more every day! Thank you for answering xx

• Just be straight up. You wouldn't like hints huh? Everything you do to someone think how youd feel if it were you recieving whatever it is.

• Oh of course you're right! I usually think how I'd feel, but we're not the type to disagree with hints depending on what it is :) But I agree with you, I should just mention it to him. Thank you for answering x

• I wish you the best girly!! I hope evrything works out for both of you. Xoxo

• look i'm an arab girl to honest with you and my boyfriend know that i'm that open minded with him but I believe that if you love him you should marry him but you can put any kind of rules you want from now

• Thank you for answering :) I think it's a good step for us to think about once we move in together.

• yup it sure is

• say things like I think I look terrible in wedding dress I like to wear combat boots instead

• Have a cknversation about where you both see this relationship going and hot expectations for it.

• Very smart idea haha I can be such a dummy sometimes. Thank you for answering x

• If he has an accident who does he want making the decisions for him you or his parents? If his family aren't big fans of you they could stop you from see him altogether if you aren't married. There are some logical reasons to get married, while they are far and few they exist and it can makes things easier if God forbid anything ever happens to either of you.