What's a reason someone can get married besides love?

Say the person is still acting single and flirting but still gets married?

• Pressure from family/friends
  • Sex
  • Money
  • Comfort
  • All of the above
  • No it has to be love

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is not greatly present in most marriages thats why divorce is so abundant.

• Actually divorce rates went sky high when people started getting married for love. You are turning cause and effect on it's head.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a whole host of reasons somebody get's married. But 98.9% of the world's population all get married for the wrong reasons. You can't act flirty and single and expect to get married. You have to be serious in your endeavors and be about the person you want to marry. That means don't be lazy and put off a person because you feel your not ready. My friend just got married this month at 24, and dated her now husband for 1 year and 5 months. Took them 3 months to prepare for the wedding. They didn't waste time. They got married because they love each other and wanted to build a family. Sex is very important of marriage, so your going to want to have sex with spouse to be in a stable marriage. Comfort is not part of marriage. Marriage is about getting out of your comfort zone. You have to expect the unexpected and understand that arguments will happen. Some are a healthy part of marriage. As long as it isn't destructive. Marriage is not about money, so don't believe the lie. You can as much money saved up and still be unprepared for what marriage has in store for you. Marriage is about change, it supposed to make you unselfish, to give your whole self 100% everyday of your life till death. Not till divorce. Till DEATH. Can't do it. STAY SINGLE or you'll make your spouse miserable being with you because they no longer meet your expectations.

What Guys Said 12

• To me love is one of the worst reasons to get married, but a strong prerequisite for a happy marriage.

That is, you shouldn't necessarily marry a girl just because you love her. I did it because I was a stage where I wanted to buy a house, settle down, wanted her there with me, and wanted to have kids.

Those practical reasons tend to be better reasons to marry than love, though a marriage without love is kind of a sad thing.

My wife's parents were arranged in marriage, and they have a decent life together. They live together in comfort, experience the passing seasons and have something to talk about, but there's no love there of a kind that goes beyond "family" -- no passion, no romance, no kisses and hugs. Apparently they didn't even have sex outside contexts where they wanted children. It's not a bad life, but it's a life devoid of any passion.

• I like this answer. I think that my husband and I felt like that. We just felt like we were getting old, we were ready to settle down and have kids, buy a house blah blah blah

• money. im starting to think i should just marry a rich women.

• Good luck finding one. Especially one that's also hot. What's your definition of rich and why can't you make your own money?

• Seems like an interesting plan for life. If there were heaven and hell, you would go to hell. But you would have wasted your life here, anyway.

• @OhioNativeForLife hahahaha. damn man thanks.

• All of the above. Not everyone gets married because of love

• No love no marriage, I can get comfort & sex without marriage, I make my own money, no familial pressure.

Only other reason I can think of is kids. Marriage is huge commitment, no one makes that commitment without a strong desire.

• Lots and lots of other reasons

• A lot of women get married for money.

• i pick that one. that no one in this world can not for love. but, you or anyone to wait for marriage these i pick. they will no thing on the poll.

• All the above, but It's the opinion of an old guy. When I was young only love counts

• all of these are stupid reasons.

the real reason is "nothing else to do. don't want to die yet."

• Money, unplanned pregnancy

• It's all of the above.

• Money, tax break, green card, need someone around to cook, clean for them, wash their clothes, maybe they're gay but they don't want people to know so they get married. Very ill, just want someone to be w during their remaining days, pressure from the family.

What Girls Said 3

• it can be all of the above

• Money/Security probably has to be one of the biggest reasons. It's why you see all of these young girls with those old rich saggy men.

• Pressure, money, comfort, afraid of solitude there are a thousand reasons someone can get married, love is just one...