How can I make my boyfriend a Christian?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't force someone to be Christian the change has to come from within himself, all you can do is pray for him and let the Holy Spirit work in him

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't make someone do something. However, you can give him the information, if he wants to listen. If he still is interested, you can show him your church. If he's not, then don't push it.

What Guys Said 21

• Point a gun at him and read Ezekiel 25:17

• You have to show him how important God is in your life and how he affects your life. Sadly unless he sees what God has done in your life and how much joy he brings you and that he is lacking it. He won't see the need to convert even if it is just for you. Sadly you might have to move on and look for another boyfriend that is a Christain. It is awful to with someone that is not a Christain and won't support your beliefs. Sadly my second cousin had to find that out the hard way after two years of marriage and a kid on the way he just left her a note saying how fun it had been with divorce papers under it.

• Probably by leaving him because he is not a christian... as senseless as that sounds, thats like the only way you can "make" him become a christian... or at least lie that he is one.
    You can't make anyone be anything that you want, if one of your criteria to date was for a christian boyfriend, then you have two options. Go look for a christian boyfriend, or drop christianity. Frankly, i favor the second one.

• YOU can't. You will only be the instrument through which Christ brings him to faith.

Evangelization is not so much about apologetics or arguments. It's about sharing the Truth as you have come to know and experience it. This means you don't press anything on your boyfriend. It means that you live your faith with honesty and integrity, but without judgment or being condescending.

He needs to see and understand why your faith is important to you. Therefore, YOU need to be able to answer that question. You need to know why your faith is important. You need to know how your faith works in your life. You should know ABOUT your faith too (again, apologetics IS important, but that's not all your faith is about.

There's a great book you ought to read called How NOT To Share Your Faith by a fellow named Mark Brumley. That should shed some light on this.

• you can't make him

• If you have a problem with his beliefs then you shouldn't be with him. Forcing your religion on him is wrong on so many levels.

• I didn't say forcing it

• The word "make" in your main post implies Coercion. You're right you didn't say the word force but that's what your sentence means. You need to clarify if you want some serious, helpfull responses.

• Why do you strugle for this. l think it is not logical to believe in a god in any case who kills children creating earthquakes and then orders to people to be merciful to others. it's not fairly for God to punish someone in hell whose the only fault is not to be believer. This idea is written in brothers Karamazov and Plague novels and known as problem of evil in philosophy. and there is no logical explanation about it in any religion so far.
    l think your boyfriend should make you and Atheist. :-)

• You can't make him, it has to be a choice.

• Dump him and find s boyfriend who is a Christian

• Dump your boyfriend and find ones who Christian.
    Don't force your beliefs onto other people

• The simple answer is that no one can MAKE anyone do anything. There have been people in the past that chose death rather then conversion. But teaching him the love of Christ is the best solution.

• As Christians, were taught not to force our beliefs onto others. We can try to talk to non believers and share the good news with them, but if they decline, we have to be ok with that.

• Did I say "force"?

• You said "how can I MAKE my boyfriend a Christian?" That sounds forceful to me. You can't make anybody do anything.

• Just another fine example of a naive woman.

• You can't make him. And truth is we are all christian (christ follower). The path of love is boundless.

• You can't make someone christian they have to want to be Christian

• You can't.

• You can't, that's not how Christianity works.

• Don't. Let him be.

• Hold a cross over him when he's sleeping xD

• by accepting that he doesn't have christian beliefs

• By breaking up with him, regularly attending church and meeting people who already share your beliefs.

• MHO goes to anonymous lol

• @HookingSwan less sensible, or more honest?

Not everyone who chooses to post anonymously is a troll, some of us just want you to pay attention to our responses and not the avatar or username we chose, if you want to have a serious discussion that is how it must be done. I refuse to answer questions that don't provide anonymity as an option.

• I was just joking. You are taking me way too seriously, mister

But I guess you just dk my humour...

Well, I respect your choice to go anonymous. I never said I didn't.

What Girls Said 18

• How can he make you an atheist/Muslim/Buddhist/etc?
    If your answer is "he can't", then guess what, neither can you.

• What is seriously wrong with you? If you really love your boyfriend you shouldn't even consider to convert him into Christianity.

You should love him for who he is and what he believes in. Respect his choices in life, it's not your choices it's his and I believe he is intelligent enough to make his own.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• You don't. You accept him as is. I don't get why some women are so adamant to change guys. You either accept him as is or find another man you're more compatible with.
    I hate to be the one to break it to y'all princess/prince types, but you don't have Wonderwoman pussy nor Superman dick. You can't "save" anyone, you won't change them. And that shouldn't be your goal in a relationship.

• You don't. Forcing religion on others is just screwed up.

• Repeat this 3 times :
    Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus
    omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio
    infernalis adversarii, omnis legio,
    omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.

It will get rid of the demon inside of him. Can't go not christian.

• lol...

• You can't make someone be anything, you have to be happy with who they are or not be with them at all.

• Ohh Whyy?
    You should love him the way he is. If you want to change him then he's not for you.
    Honestly that's unfair to ask him to change his belief.
    If you want to be with him then religion must be the last thing to worry about.
    D

• Do not try to change him, he will never be same anymore. You won't like it at last.
      He is a man not your toy, It must be his decision. If you don't change your mind then your relationship is predestined to be ended.

• you tie him up and baptize him against his will, obviously :P

xD LOLZ r u serious, asker?

@reuserious

• You can't really shouldn't try to make him anything that he doesn't want to become.

• You can't... and you shouldn't.. he's a grown man.. If he wanted to be a Christian he would have became one already. This isn't something you can "make" someone be :/

• This is the only sure fire way of making your boyfriend a Christian so listen very closely.
    Step 1: Dump him.
    Step 2: Date a new guy who is a Christian.
    Congratulations, your boyfriend is a Christian! :D

• You can invite him to church with you or maybe an event at church to be more casual at first BUT if he doesn't want to go then don't push it.

• just find a guy that's Christian

• You can't make him become a Christian.

• Why does he have to be Christian?

• so this is an interfaith relationship?

• Are YOU a Christian?
    Does "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" mean anything to you?
    You shouldn't date people hoping they will one day become a christian, it rarely works out.
    Break up with him, pray for him and see what happens, but accept that he might not be the one for you.