Does this picture accurately represent marriage today?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn that's depressing. :(

• I just saw your profile pic. I understand now why you call yourself MustacheKitteh :-)

• @JuicyBrain It's actually not because of my piercings. :D It's due to my cat who's fur makes her look like she has a mustache. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly speaking yes

What Girls Said 14

• Yeah it is, everyone always takes the womans side also. Not realizing that there are two sides to every story.

• No. Not if you marry someone decent and FIGHT for your marriage. If you guys both become strangers then sure, it could respresent your marriage. But for those couples that fight for one another and don't give up and communicate, not true at all.

• Guys are setting themselves up for this if they think it's true.
    If you're crazy enough to 1) marry a psycho bitch and 2) not work on the marriage, things will fall apart (and if she's a psycho, maybe all those things will happen)

I'm not saying people won't double cross you, but more often than not, you get out what you put in. And being cynical and critical of women isn't going to get you a good marriage.

• no!
    because in the couple portrayed above... the wife is a bi*** who's asking for everything and who cheats at the first occasion while her husband is out there working to give to his fam a better life and on top of that she brain washed the kids to hate their dad... how messed up is that?

*walks around and scratches head*

66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq8h5riBcV1qh0epb.gif

• Not my marriage! :). I feel very fortunate that we love each other and choose to work through our issues instead of walking out. Is it easy? Heck no. Is it worth it? Absolutely. I don't depend on him to make me happy, and vice versa. We don't have unrealistic expectations, and we don't let life become overwhelming.

• The POF whales description is amazing lmfao

• YES... that's why I can't understand monogamy at all.
    Its un natural to ME.
    I think most people just fear being alone, which isn't the case when u r social.

• OMFG thats so sad.
    I'm sure some marriages/divorces are like that. BOTH men and women are guilty of nasty behavior. Sometimes men are the victims sometimes its women. It's about 50-50
    HOWEVER, there are a lot of happy marriages as well so you can't say all marriages are like this.

• that fuck up, man

• That is one of the big reasons I want nothing to do with marriage. I am fully aware that not all marriages end up like that, but this is a very high possibility. On the other hand, what is it that we DO get from marriage? You get nothing and risk everything. Why bother?

Sorry @rachel1112 It's the only way we can get our voice through since they had the stupid idea of closing questions.

• LMAO!
    @Artist20

What do you think?

• This is how things have always been... it's not new stuff or modern to me.

• Sort of, and this can happen to both genders, not just men...

• No. This has been posted before, earlier this year or last year. I will answer again: not accurate.

• Didn't know. Found this on bodybuilding misc.

• horseshit... anon have you been married and divorcd? cuz i have lol and that bitch took EVERYTHING (cept my boat cuz bitch b scared of water)

• @MrAssHat I was almost married, and that bitch took stuff from me, too. I'm not saying it never ever happens. Just saying from both male and female friends that have been married, I don't see this as a common occurrence. You must have picked the wrong one.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 23

• Possibly, but not in every single case for every single person on the planet.

And it absolutely never and does NOT affect those that had always been single, like many of us currently since most of us are indeed single on GAG here,,

It's almost like as if we're vaccinated and immune to this kind of situation, since we really don't really have somebody or someone to lose and therefore we'd really never have to worry about any of those possible situations described here.

I think that being chronically single even if being single for life and coping with any kind loneliness and since loneliness is unavoidable anyway when compared to something like what is depicted is still the lesser of the two shitty situations as I find both situations to be no-win situations and lose-lose situations. For some it's a win-win or a win-lose situation, 50 50.

I suppose the married couple can always hold back and not have kids so soon within the first 5 -6 years of marriage first and if things really don't work out, then split, or if they both had never want kids or better yet had sterilized themselves then if something don't turn out right the split and divorce would in no way be remotely close to what is described or depicted in those pictures.

• Her FB post and the POF requirements cracked me up lmao.

• Yea if the guy is a loser and the woman is a bitch.

There's definitely something to be said about the amount of support women get after divorces compared to what guys get.

• I would like to think that this doesn't always happen or even represent the vast majority of marriages because marriage would be nearly dead at this point as a societal norm.

It obviously happens enough or at least enough frames of this comic to scare quite a few men away from even thinking about marriage.

What scares me is how not many women are just calling this complete horseshit. They know it's at least somewhat accurate or a very real possibility and it's pure tragedy.

In all honestly, I would rather get the shit kicked out of me then have my entire will crushed into submission for essentially the rest of my life.

• This is an accurate depiction of at least half of the marriages out there.
    The current divorce rate is about 50 per cent. Of these divorces, about 80 per cent are initiated by the women.
    A survey I saw some months ago reported that a quarter of marriages were without sex; a quarter had sex two to four times per month; the remaining half of married couples had sex several times each week. That was an interesting correlation to the 50 per cent divorce rate.
    After most women push out their first child, the legs to back together and the man's sex life is over. Subsequent children are almost immaculate conceptions.
    The woman blames him, of course, Everything is the man's fault. Just ask her.
    An increasing number of men are coming to the realisation that they are better off not being involved with women.

• Interesting a whopping 84% of men think that it's accurate. Ladies take note, this is why guys are reluctant to marry.

• god yes!! that shit is spot the fuck on!!! dont let anyone say its not because holy fuck

• This basically sums up every marriage I've ever seen that ended in divorce and a few that didn't lol

• Any woman here who says it's not true is just delusional. Especially with the divorce part. Here in the US, the woman comes out on top and ahead almost every time with divorce. There's really no way to deny that.

• Forgot about the part where the man is forced to pay child support and sacrifice 50% of all his hard-earned property.

• look... if you want to be happy in a relationship, don't put up with her shit. Don't pander to her and kiss her ass. My current girl has even specifically said she likes that I don't put up with crap from her and I reign her in.

• yeah that exact same things happened to my brothers.

• 62% of girls vote No

86% of guys vote yes

...

• Rush ato or stay gdi like deez nerds lmao

• Yes unfortunately it does

• fap fap fap LOLOLOL!

• Yeah I would agree

• Yes, Never be the provider for women it will fuck you over every time. Always be the lover/fun guy who gets her for a short period of time.

• Yes it is women look at men as walking atm machines

• Yeah that's actually exactly what I imagine whenever I hear the word marriage.. I feel sorry for the guys who are so p**** whipped that they get married

• Men are just not cared about in anyway these days and everything is blamed on us. That is the truth.

• yeah that's pretty accurate

• yes yes yes lol