Why does he do this to me?

Since I was 12 I've had a thing for the guy who works for my dad. Over the years my feelings for me have intensified and I find myself comparing every guy I meet to him but within the last year I've finally realized it can't be and been more okay with that. Now he's 22 and engaged to be married to someone he admittedly doesn't belong with. We're very good friends and we work together and it's getting messy. He talks about me all the time, flirts with me like crazy and is always there for me. When his grandfather died he came to me. I was there to keep him together, not his fiancee. The last year we've become closer than ever and it's obvious he knows I want to be with him, and everyone is convinced he wants to be with me. Why can't he just back off and let me get on with my life. He criticizes me and all the men I date because they treat me bad and we both well know the solution to that is staring in our faces. He needs to stop caring about me, confiding in me, holding in to me for too long, all of it. It's killing me. Go be with her and cut me out, because it's not fair to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Angelina got Brad, so why not you, go on break them up or wait till it ends then move in on him...

• Lol I am breaking them up. they fight every day about me because all he talks about at home is ME. not my fault

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe you should distance yourself from him, even to the point that he can't really contact you at all so that you can move on with your life

• I want to, I will next summer when I leave. haha I'll tell him, go to his wedding, then move across the country

• why don't you just f*** him and then make him dump her for you

• Not really fitting in with my whole virgin status...

• Oh...well obviously you like this guy andd he likes you why don't you just look at him and go why are you gonna marry her? You know you won't be happy. :)

• Haha =P yeah that's actually a really good way to get the whole conversation going. "look buddy, we all know you don't want this so please tell me what your plan is." I willllll

• Print this & give him a copy.

• sounds to me like you want him, and you're mad at him because of your feelings.

• it takes 2

What Girls Said 1

• If he's decided to go through with his marriage and you both are sure you're just not going to be together, you need to make your feelings about this clear. Distance yourself from him and explain to him that you can't be such good friends with him when he's engaged to someone else, that you need to move on.

• That's what I need to do. I need to gather the guts to do it and be able to handle working with him.