My dad is racist and I am marrying a white guy?

So I am black, marrying a jewish man. He treats me like gold and is the best man I have ever met. He is such a gentleman, so cultured, intelligent, successful, and has great morals. My dad always said "any blk who marries white is a fool, because you can't trust white ppl". That a white man would never accept my "blk" child, and so on. He is so racist. How the neck am I going to have a wedding. I haven't let him meet my family. I swear I had to block my dad from posting racist crap on my Facebook wall. Stuff about flag burning and other nonsense. I really thought I was going to have issues with my fiances family but they are so sweet to me. Wtf am I going to do. I got a good man, how do I prevent my family from destroying it? I love them but sometimes the stuff they say is just as bad as the racist white rednecks. Help!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• lol do what i did when i married an Asian woman.. say accept it or dont be apart of it but i am doing what the fuck makes me happy

• 20 people supporting me is better the 150 taking bets on when we will divorce. I can use the money we save from not inviting people to upgrade my ring or buy a bigger house. Thanks

• she ended up cheating on me after 6 years together while i was stationed overseas

• I am sorry to hear that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg u might be my opposite twin! I'm a white girl dating a black man and like yours my dad is also very racist. Me and my boyfriend r engaged currently and actually expecting a baby... I just found out I was pregnant a week ago. And my dad makes me terrified to tell him for fear if how he'd react, even though my boyfriend is an amazing guy to me and nothing like I was brought up to believe a black man acted. He's perfect and ik are baby will be just as amazing as his or her father and I wish my dad would be able to see that. But sadly I don't think he will and sometimes that's the thing. You might have to pick one or the other

What Guys Said 5

• I guess that your dad will not give you away at your wedding. Or he will wise up and realizing that he would be losing a daughter instead of gaining a son.

• LOL at the white women trying to hijack this question and make it about them.
    Those women need attention like a crackhead needs crack :/

• What do you want me to do?

• It is really sad that people are still racist. The colour of the body never make difference, we all are the same ; human... Some people have very white skin colour, some have very black, some have in middle. This is normal.

• nevermind the old fart.. its about you two. not about daddy

What Girls Said 7

• I say you marry who you love. You're lucky you found a man who loves and respects you too. And yes, having a dad who isn'tt rational is difficult, and yes, you might have to cut him from the wedding, but you'll make your own family soon, and your parents should have to deal with it - especially when you have a kid in the picture... (will have a kid...)

• I am white and going marry a Mexican man. He is very good to me as well and treats me like a princess. My dad and other members of my family are a little racist too. They worry what people will think and all that crap. We've been together over two years now and just about two months ago my dad and my boyfriend met. It wasn't near as bad as we thought it would be. I think my dad finally accepted he's who I'm going to be with and found out he's not as bad as he thought. I don't understand why someone could be so racist if you found a man you love and loves you back. As long as he's good to you and your happy that's all that matters. Good luck and I'm sure your family will come around!

• Block him

• honey you found the man of your dreams don't let your father ruin that after time he will accept that but just remember this and in this world it is hard to find someone but you did so you go girl

• is your mom the same way?

• So he's never met your finance? He doesn't even know you're dating someone?

• where is he from?

• His family is originally from Poland on his dad's side and Germany on his moms