Sex until marriage. Is it worth waiting for?

Please explain why.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I am saving myself for marriage because of my relgion
    But putting that aside I am actually not soO sure

If we are talking about sex from the lust meaningless prospective then it doesn't worth waiting but then it becomes like my friend say empty your junk and that's it

But if you want more like actual making live thing then I think you should wait then

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not married, and I never waited for marriage.

My first boyfriend was when I was 20 years old and he was the first guy I had been with. If he didn't cheat on me I would have married him and we would have been together forever and I would have been OK with that and with him being my only one.

Sometimes I get angry at him, even to this day, because I keep thinking, if he hadn't cheated and we ended up together, then I wouldn't have had to experience every other jackass I experienced after him (even though he cheated on me, he was still the only guy that ever treated me really well - every other guy treated me badly and was very disrespectful).

Some girls think it's worth it to experience different guys, to me... it's not a big a deal. The thing that makes sex really good is chemistry, mutual attraction, love and respect. IF you find a guy that has all that, then that's all you need.

Having sex with multiple guys puts you at risk for unwanted pregnancy, shitty experiences with assholes who will disrespect you and STD's.

Again there is nothing wrong with either, but it's definitely also worth waiting for.

What Guys Said 26

• Here this hilarious video will explain why it is way better to wait until your married.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9BJ7I33dqs

• I love Mark Gungor. One of the best pastors that is not afraid to preach the truth about love, marriage and sex.

• Yes I do disagree with some of what your saying. How ever I don't want to get into an debate over it. Nor do I actually have the free time to do so now.

• Then I shan't argue any further, you're entitled to your opinion as am I, have a good ay

• Yes it worth it,
    If you date and you don't have sex, you can forget about that relationship when you stop dating. But if you have sex with those you date and then break up, the nature of sexual involvement creates strong, often unpleasant memories for your whole life. Every relationship you break up... Later, when you are married and go to bed with your beloved spouse, these unpleasant memories will accompany you.
    True love waits. If a boy or girl truly loves you, they will want the best for you. They will not want you to suffer fear of disease, unwanted pregnancy and the psychological difficulties of premarital sex. They will want to experience love with you only in the very best place of all

• Yes, I think it is worth.

• Yes.

• Well most of my direct and extended family waited until marriage and we've never had a divorce in the family we're all functioning families some of whom have been together happily like 50+ years.

• Yes and no

Make a calculated assessment here. If you think you'll get married young. Then sure. If you think you'll end up 30 and still not married (which by the way happens a lot to women) then you tell me... is it really worth going 15 plus years of your life and you still haven't explore a feeling that your body has been picking at you for the last 15 plus years. I dunno

Also keep in mind you'll always want to experience another penis whether you think you will want to or not. Human behaviour predicts you most likely will think about it

I personally rather have a girl that has gotten to the point to only think about me

• How long are you going to wait? Women used to marry in their late teens, so they weren't waiting very long. Personally, I wouldn't want to marry someone unless I knew we could have a happy sex life.

• From what I've seen, waiting until marriage just makes getting married about getting sex... people have all sorts of clever (and not-so-clever) ways of tricking themselves into believing its really about this other reason, or that other reason, but then eventually they turn around one fine day and say to themselves, "that guy/girl's an asshole... why did I marry him/her? ... oh right, I wanted to have guilt-free sex with him/her..."

• In my opinion, no. I have too high of a sex drive, and my opinion is biased, Iv'e had sex so I'd know what I'd be missing.

If I hadn't had sex I might be able to, but my hormones would get the best of me.

• I'm more a fan of "no marriage until sex"

• I think so because then you could make sure that the person is worth it or not. But then again, not all marriages work out. It really depends on how that person's relationship is.
    Me personally, I couldn't do it. 😏 You know, hormones.

• Fuck no lol

• Yes, bcz sex is not just physical. It is spiritual bonding of 2 souls.

• Nope 😂
    Plus I'm too late :P

• No, because sex feels too amazing to wait that long

• the marriage is probably worth it but 50/50 chances of divorce is not. at least not for me since im a man and we all know how the court system works nowadays.

• If it's the right person then sure. Although how can you really know if it's the right one if you have no idea whether or not you are sexually compatible to begin with?

• Totally worth it to me.

• Sex before marriage is a must...

• Well I dunno but its about the personal perception of life.. If anyone wait for it, there would be definitely logical reason

• maybe no worth it if you're looking for fun but worth it if you want quality men

• 100% a must.

• İ don't think so. İf you know you are gonna be married with him eventually, then no. There is no difference.

• If you believe in hell, then it certainly is. If not, do as you please.

• for women more so then men... women have for more at stake.

• its all up to the person.

What Girls Said 21

• My close friend at 24 just got married, and she encourages that you do wait. She didn't when she wanted to with her ex. And now she regrets not waiting. Marriage like she said so much more beautiful and sex before marriage doesn't even measure up to marital sex.

• it is, but its not.
    it really depends.
    if you're a sexual person, then its not worth waiting. if you NEED sex, then its not worth waiting. you might spend ur life with someone who won't b able to give u what u need.
    if you dont need sex and aren't a sexual person then waiting is ideal. you will always know that ur husband is the only man u were ever with...

• People that wait just seem to have a lower sex drive tbh!

I highly encourage waiting a while once you meet a new partner..
    But its important to know you are sexually compatible before life long commitment.

I honestly think marriage requires way deeper personality qualities to survive than virginity.

More relationship experience so far has made me better at relationships..
    But depends if the person learns from mistakes.

• No, because sex is a very awesome and natural thing that can not only enhance a relationship, but break it if you have no sexual compatibility.

• I can't say because I'm not married yet. I think it really depends on your beliefs though, if you want to wait then try to find someone with similar beliefs and/or is willing to wait too.

• I think I'm gonna wait for the sole purpose that I'm not in a hurry. However, if the right guy comes around, he might sell me on it. I don't feel like I'm losing anything from waiting. I realize it's just virginity but I would like the guy to be worth it to me.

• I'd like to add, I feel like if our sex life wasn't what I expected after marriage, I married that person for a reason, I don't need to test run, he's not a carnival ride, we can work it out.

• Sex after marriage because I'm a princess born in the 1600's, and I time traveled to 2016. LOL, kidding, but I really don't have a sex drive and really don't care. I'll just have sex with the husband to make babies.

• No. Even if you are Christian, you should not wait unless you plan to only have sex for the purposes of reproduction. Sexual compatibility is as important as sexual attraction, the two do not always go hand in hand. If you plan to have sex recreationally (which I assume is everyone) then please check if you guys are compatible or not.

• nah , bad sex only exists when there is no communication. And emotions makes sex a million times better than casual sex. Been 12 years since I've been having sex. I know a thing or two.

• I don't think so, but each on their own.

• Its up to the person. There isn't one definite answer. True most people dont wait but statistics show those who wait have lasting relationships. But then again it depends on what the individual wants.

• 1. you show your body to only one person
    2. you won't end up with many guys taking advantage of you
    3. you won't regret it
    4. you can have a lot of nice experiences with your husband because everything will be new to you

• It will feel better then

• Very very much worth it.

• If i waited, i'm gonna waste half my life lol. I'm not gonna get married until at least late 30s

• Not realistic for me

• There's a myTake on it

• Yes its worth waiting. Sex usually goes down after marriage because theyve had sex before marriage, you dont want that. You want to make it worth it, and for it to be worth it, you gotta wait til marriage. But a majority of people these days dont wait until marriage. Its up to you.

• No it's not worth waiting for. I don't like to wait and repress myself until marriage. I'll have more fun if I don't wait and guys don't prefer virgins over non-virgins.

• I think it's completely up to you. Your virginity is yours and only yours and everyone values theirs differently. I think it CAN be worth the wait it's really just up to the couple. :)

• It depends on that couple. I can't say for sure but I couldn't wait. That's just me. Similar beliefs and goals are something that a couple should share. I wouldn't continue to pursue a man if he wanted to wait until marriage for sex. It'll be a waste of both our time.

• For some it is worth it, but not for everyone.

I want to have sex with a guy that I am in a long term relationship with. I'm not sure marriage is even right for me, but I do want just one partner in life. Knowing that we are sexually compatible as well helps me in knowing if I can be in it for the long haul.