What do you think about marriage?

Do you think that two people can live together, have kids and be a family without marriage? Or do you think that they sould merry and then have kids and create a family?

I personally think marriage is not that important. I think if two people love each other and want to be together they dont need to sight anything. I'm not against marriage either. I just think it's important step in life. Before I get married I have to be sure my "future husband" is the right person for me. We have to be together for a long time before thinking about marriage and especially for children.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Do you think that two people can live together, have kids and be a family without marriage?

Yes, they can live together even without getting married.

"Or do you think that they sould merry and then have kids and create a family? "
    Yes, they can do that as well. However in both you are saying that they live together and have children so it doesn't really matter if they make it official and get married or not.

I believe that marriage is a stupid custom, it's nonsense and totally not required. I never want to get married either, I wish to stay single till death.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are seriously underestimating the importance of RITUAL in our lives, in general.

Think about “initiation” ceremonies into secret societies (such as military societies, fraternities, etc.)
    And cultural rites of passage, and pledges of allegiance, and national anthems, and all those formal shows of patriotism.
    And… wedding ceremonies, and renewals of vows, and so on.

Think about the kind of bond that’s created by these things.
    When rituals are performed regularly, people will literally go to the ends of the earth for others to whom they’re bonded through these kinds of ceremonies.

Marriage is one of these rituals -- and, believe me, no one stands up there and says "I do" with the intent of forsaking their partner down the line.
    It's a fucking beautiful thing. There's NOTHING like looking into yr beloved's eyes and declaring yr commitment, in front of the world. It's wonderful, and it's sexy, and it's fucking amazing in every way.

The problem is that most people don't KEEP performing the ritual, REGULARLY, in any way.
    They have one ceremony, and expect it to last the rest of their lives.

Fuck that.

The wedding vows should be like a pledge of allegiance. They should be something you both say to each other, in stolen moments, and in the heat of passion, and in the agony of tragedy.

When it's the middle of a slow night, and you grab each other's hands for an impromptu dance in the hallway or in a parking lot... "I do."

When you're fucking hard and fast and about to cum inside her... "I do."

When you've lost a friend or a parent, and she's there to comfort you, and you can cry on her shoulder and it's ok... "I do."

When you look at that ring on yr finger, you should be *overwhelmed*. With everything that it stands for.
    Commitment.
    Love.
    Lust.
    Passion.
    Struggle.
    Sacrifice.
    Growth.
    Ecstasy.
    Purpose.
    Structure.
    Support.
    Challenge.
    Partnership.
    Strength.
    Vulnerability.
    Understanding.
    Building a whole life together.

That ring on yr hand stands for ALL of those things, loud and clear.

And, you should tell each other "I do" again EVERY DAY.
    Even when times are hard -- ESPECIALLY when times are hard -- you should "marry" each other all over again... and suddenly the hard times won't be AS hard.
    They'll still be hard, but, "I do" will help you through the worst.

The ritual should NEVER end. And if it doesn't... then, neither will yr marriage.

What Guys Said 9

• My parents are one of the best examples of marriage ever so yeah I wanna get married.

• It can work just as well being married or just a couple.

• That's exactly I've planned to do lol

• I think the same way :P

• I don't think marriage is important. It's old, outdated and not necessary. Also a majority of marriages fail anyway, divorces are very expensive and sometimes very messy as well.

Marriage is not an option for me.

• I think relationship in general are rushed

• Marriage is prison which people punish themselves

• I don't like the institution of marriage and will never marry.

• Its not my thing

What Girls Said 7

• I need the marriage part. If I'm going to be with someone at that serious of a level then I'm going to be with them at that serious of a level in its entirety.

• marriage is ultimately a piece of paper. it makes ur relationship legal and recognized by the courts... and debt collectors. lol.
    its not necessary to b married to share ur life with someone, it's just there for legal purposes.

• I think marriage is very important. But it's also very important that you marry the right person not just anyone. I agree that myself and the guy would have to be together a long time for us to think about it though. You have amazing hair by the way.

• Marriage is important to me. I don't believe in close relationships (physical contact ) before marriage.
    ☺️

• i wanna get married

• Yes two people can live together without marriage. But they shouldn't consider having kids, unless it was unplanned then they can still live together with their kid, without marriage. Marriage is an important thing and it is a good thing that before settling for less, you're making sure the marriage has to last, etc. You should be with them long before you marry them, so you'll know what kind of person they are, if the relationship will last, etc.

• In my opinion marriage is like the ultimate form of commitment. In a relationship you can fight over whatever or just decide you're done and leave. With marriage it's a lot more complicated and can cost money. So to me I think of marriage as a big commitment that pretty much says, "you are who I want for the rest of my life. I'm not just going to walk away one day."