How long do you wait?

This is mostly just so I can announce to the world that I'm getting hitched, but I DO have a question.

How long after the proposal do you wait to set a date? 'Cause we're still reeling from the excitement of getting engaged and my mom just handed me a wedding planning book and told me to set a date and book a photographer.

Like... he literally proposed at like 8:30pm on the 1st. It is now 12:30 AM on the 2nd.

How long do you wait? We know it'll for sure be 2018 so...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know book it a year in advance, 6 months maybe? I guess it couldn't hurt to reserve where you want it a year in advance... Or see how long they're usually booked up. the rest ehh, I guess it'd be good to give family a good amount of notice too?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how long of an engagement you want. If you want to get married in six months, I'd set a date now. If you want to get married in year or two, you have time.

What Guys Said 2

• at least 3 years.

• Wow, congratulations! On the engagement!

What Girls Said 2

• congrats!!! i think like 6 months?

• Congratulations on your engagement! I wish you all the best! I suggest that you wait maybe a year in advance.