Do parent arranged marriages ever work out?

Most Helpful Girl

• It works out if you take part in it.
    Arranged marriages have happened in my family and some of them worked , whereas a few of them didn't.
    1. The bride usually just whines and cries without actually telling her parents/ guardians what she thinks of the suitor. (They ask do you like him or nah)
    2. There is usually this evil aunty in the family that tries to break apart certain couples.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can possibly work provided it was done with your consent. That is you knew who was the person, whom you are getting married to. However if your parents chose for you and then forced you to get married then it will surely not work out.

I myself have a doubt about the percentage of success in arranged marriages. About the rest of the world I am not sure, but in a country like India, arranged marriages do last long, even in today's times.

What Girls Said 2

• I can't see it working. You're pretty much being forced to be with someone you may not know or even like.

• they sometimes do

What Guys Said 0