Ladies: Who did you bring with you when you tried on wedding dresses? If you could, would you have chosen different people to bring with you, and why?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I never tried on wedding dresses but if I do, I would bring in my mom and my sister. I don't plan on bringing anyone else.

What Girls Said 20

• I think even though you may have a lot of family and friends that you would love to be there, you have to keep in mind that all of them will have an opinion and your own voice can easily get lost in the shuffle of voices. Stick to like your mom, perhaps future mother in law if you want her there, and like a best friend or two, but no more than that. It also may be a good idea to go once by yourself just so you can fully concentrate on what you're looking for and then come back with an opinions crew.

• I went with my aunt and she gave great advice, she told me not to get a poofy bubble dress, but a slim one instead. My dress was lace and trumpet style.

• I've never been married so I wouldn't know. If I were ever to get that point in life, I think i'd like to go by myself. I'd like it to be a surprise for starters, and i'd like to spend time gathering several designs to make a complete dress that I like. So that will take some time

• When I go (whenever that ends up being - next summer probably) I'll be bringing my mom, both grandmothers, and probably the future mother in law.

• Never been. Won't be for a few years.

I will be taking my best friend, possibly my future mum in law. My mother isn't around, and I'm getting quite close to my boyfriends mum. I don't want many there, just honest thoughts. My best friend will be my maid of honour though <3

• If I ever get to get married, I don't know who I'll take along. I'd hope my best friend would be able to come visit for that. He will be taking the maid/matron of honor roll. I wouldn't want my mom or any of my sisters along. I have a pair of cousins where it could actually be fun to have them along. They're also the most likely candidates for bridesmaids as of now.

• My sister who was my moh.
    My mum
    My other bridesmaid
    and at the time the owner of the beauty salon i worked at

Would change any ither them

• My dog, he barks if I look good. He cried If I don't. I suggest bring your dog with you :)

• My cousin had her mom, and 5 bridesmaids (including myself) with her. I was so glad to be apart of it and happy to see everything. But u could tell how stressful it was to get opinions from everyone. So just know that the more people you ask, the more opinions you're going to Get. I would have been hurt if I wasn't there, but in the end it's about YOU AND YOUR wedding. So if you don't mind the opinions invite whoever you want because it will make them so happy, but if you want it specil and quite online invite your mom and your siblings and maybe your soon to be mother in law.

• My mom and my brother's girlfriend. It was so much fun and I wouldn't change a thing.

• my little sister. i had a good idea what i wanted so it was easy for me. my sister and i have similar taste in fashion

• I don't know... maybe your mom and your mom in law?

• *maybe you could bring your mom and your mom in law

sry made a mistake here :/

• I haven't been shopping for a wedding dress, but if I would, I am going to bring my mother, and perhaps my mother in law. I think they deserve to be there

• Haven't been, but I imagine I'd bring my mum, my best friend/maid of honour, and my sister.

• I brought with me , my mom, aunt and
    mom-in-law.
    I wish If I didn't take my aunt with us she was so annoying

• I am just doing it now and i take my best friend.
    After all she is my best friend and her being in fashion does help too ;)

• My sisters.

• I'm going on September 10th I'm having my 3 bridesmaids and mom come with me

• ehhh I wouldn't bring so many people, tbh...

first, most shops that sell wedding dresses are pretty small, and it's pretty inconvenient if you've got this whole entourage trailing behind you.

second -- and more importantly -- if you have 4 people giving opinions, the process could take FOREVER. because no matter which dress you're trying, there'll always be that one out of 4 who has some sort of reservation/negative opinion/etc.

it's better to just bring 1 person, I'd say

• @redeyemindtricks thanks colors are aqua black and white

• i took my mom and best friend when i went to choose my wedding dress 12 months last may

• I'll bring the man I'll get married to with me <3

• Just my mom