All men should have their children DNA tested after they're born just to be sure. Agree or disagree?

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• If there is that little trust in the relationship, there's a problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to trust, without doubt. If you have doubts with her, maybe you shouldn't have married her, or be with her.
    If I'm doing anything with a woman that could possibly get her pregnant, we have already decided we are 'Exclusive' and I need to trust her.

What Girls Said 18

• I agree overall, but at the same time I would hope my boyfriend trusts me more than that. And if he doesn't, I don't want to know that. He should just take a swab of the child and himself, and verify it on his own. I don't want to be asked - it's just too insulting, and I know I'd feel hurt that he has any doubt that child's his.

• If he doubts my fidelity then go ahead, but I'm not sure that I'd really be able to continue our relationship after that, it wouldn't be easy at least.

• Testing every baby on the planet would be expensive, time consuming, and a waste of resources, I think. The percentage of births that fall under dubious paternity is fairly small. But if the guy has his doubts, it should always be an option. All he has to do is buy the kit.

• Agree to an extent. It really depends on how loyal each person is. Not everyone is sleeping around, and there are some pretty decent people out there. If someone in the relationship needs proof each time a child is conceived that it is theirs, and each time it IS theirs, well, then I'm pretty sure it's safe to say someone has trust issues and it's not going to last long. :P

• Whatever floats their boat I guess?
    I'm also for genetically modifying children to alter their looks and physical & intellectual potential before they are born :D

• Disagree. I have no problem if they do it because they don't trust their partner, but that raises the question why would you be with someone that you don't trust?

• Sounds like a huuuuuuuge waste of time, money, and technology. I can think of a dozen much better ways to use those things.

• sure, it's fine

• Strongly agree

• TOTALLY agree!!!

• that's a sign of a decaying society

• So you won't take care of them if they aren't yours?

• Absolutely not.

• I don't think it's that big of a deal. However, nothing like that will happen to me.

• If he has trust issues.

• If you're in a certain relationship with a faithful partner, it seems like an unnecessary cost on top of all the other bills that come with a baby. If single or off and on, I'd say for sure.

• And who would be paying for that?

• Only those who don't have trust in their spouse would think to do that.

• In some circumstances this is very reasonable, but most of the time I'd say it's completely unnecessary.

• Sure.

What Guys Said 10

• It should just be part of the process for all births. You only get notified if it comes back saying the child isn't yours. With the system as it is now I don't think all guys should have the child dna tested. But in the grand scheme of things I believe it should just be done for every child. Women lying to men about being the father happens enough that it should just be baked into the cake. So the women don't think "what if he finds out later down the road?" It'll be, "what happens when the dna test comes back?". Because he'll be guaranteed to find out if the child isn't his.
    If dna test is standard procedure, then what would it matter?

• It's not a bad choice to go for DNA test, but then it would indicate that there is a lack of trust in the relationship. However it's not wrong at all.

• It would be nice but it's not very practical from a cost perspective.

• Agreed 1000%

and it doesn't matter if I trust her or not... I'm not "signing" a life-long contract without any guarantee that this kid is mine... In the past, it was obviously a matter of trust.. but today, we don't need trust, because we can have proof. I don't get it why women take it so personally... it has anything to do with them,

• No it's a waste of time and money.
    If you really want to test it go ahead.

• Nothing wrong with making sure.

• Strongly agree

• Wow look at all the sluts who said "disagree" makes me think it should be law that all children are DNA tested, since there are that many who don't seem to want the truth known.

• A large amount of women hate this idea... hmm, I wonder why.

• Strongly agree, not because women are so terrible, but because of the statute of limitations on challenging paternity.