Would you rather your wife work? or be a housewife?

this is , a hypothetical scenario where your both financially secure. and won't be having any monetary issues in the future either.
just preference.
girls, you can say what you'd rather like to be/do.

• work
  • housewife
  • other, specify

Most Helpful Girl

• hi, i always worked but when we decided to have children i always knew i wanted to bring them up myself, not some random strangers in childcare. when they reached nursery age around two and a half i worked when i could, i appreciate its not that easy for other people but I've known people who have put their babies into childcare at six weeks old, ffs, and gone back to work. to me that is horrific, a baby of that age is still so bonded with its mother and needing the connection, this was a person who actually was very wealthy it was her personal choice. now im a single mum with two children and i still work, however, the decline in the household is very apparent but i can't do it all... xx

i understand. thats very nice of you, im sute your a great mom

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely prefer a wife who work, I see only positive for her aspects on this.
    The main ones are that she can feel realized on what she does at work (reaching success) for what she studied and not only at home.
    Then she has the financial independence from her husband which is a great level of freedom and equality at home.
    Moreover there is much stability if one loses its job for any reason.
    Finally, if she goes to work there are more ideas, more subjects to spread more things to talk about in the evenings on weekends, the couple will be more open minded than if she remains all the day long within the house's walls waiting fr her husband. Both will enjoy more the time spent together at home.

What Girls Said 23

• If it is just me and him I would rather work. But having small kids I would rather stay home with them amd then go to work later. Out of all my kids I have always worked though because I didn't want all of that on my husband, however this pregnancy he basically just told me "when he's born stay home" so I think I am and will pick up school back up for myself.

• I'd rather work and bring home a second income. It's not easy to live on one income, especially here. I don't want to depend on my husband's income and get an allowance from him for shopping or whatever, like I'm a 10 year old. Also, what would happen if he were to lose his job? We'd be shit out of luck, guaranteed.

It's fine for a parent to stay at home if they can afford to do so, but it's not for me. I will be able to give my children a much better life if I'm also working.

fair enough.

I'm guessing you don't agree? That's okay.

well , personally id rather my wife be a housewife. but thats just my opinion.
      and it was a hypothetical scenario where you did have enough financial security.
      but you make a good point, i have to admit

• I think I'm more career orientated and would like to go out and work, but after I have a child I'd want to be a housewife so I can raise the kids while he goes out to work

• Well, I wanna say I have no problem with either.
    But usually the women around me ends up being a housewife. Mostly because the husbands can provide for the family and wants them to stay home, unless they (wives) wanna work. (It's not because they see women as only housewife material - _ - )

But I wanna work as well for a few reasons.

• I'm in the middle ^^ I know I want to work " like do my own business" but I'm also reaaaally into being at home and getting diner and all ready for him to come home and be there when He comes back and make him relax ^^
    I need 50 - 50% or 40-60 % and I'll be in heaven ! hahahahaha :D

hahaha.. i think you should either part-time or work where you can work at like 50% where you work some days and get some days off. that would suit you best :-)

Noo I'll have my own business and I'm gonna work everything out soo I'll have time for everything! ^^

oh, thats even better :-D

• I don't know to be honest, some days I'm all like 'independant career woman' and want to support myself and get a really well paying job that I love... and then other days I'll sit and fantasize about being a devoted submissive housewife.
    But I definitely think that when it comes down to it I'll choose the career.

well you still have lots of time to think about it. plus if you choose a career, you can quit later down the road if you want, but the reverse is a bit harder.

That's a very fair request :)

hehe :-D

• it all depends on the couple... part time maybe? to be able to have more time for my SO
    or
    if have kids then again part time

• Work. I can't imagine ever being with someone who can't support themself financially without relying on me. Also I would never wanna be anyone's housewife either LOL. Nothing wrong with people who do but I like doing stuff on my own too much.

• I am shocked at how many guys said they want their wives to be housewives. Do you realize how much pressure that puts on you? Your kids will not be able to see you as much because you will have to work a lot. Your wife might get lonely and will go to you all. the time.

thats true, but it works for a lot of couples given they are secure and the man has a great income. plus the wife could hang/talk with her neighbours/friends in her freetime, its not like she's locked up, lol.

Thanks!

ur welcome

• Why not a working housewife?

A working housewife. Like what if she's an author and gets money from her book sales or works part time. What if she's really good at making things and sells them, and she sells them for really good money. What if she's an artist or a mechanic and works little side jobs and things. What if she's a business owner and isn't required to be there too much but rakes in a lot of money. I've never understood why housewife had to mean jobless. I've always felt a housewife was a woman who would take care of her motherly and wifely duties while maintaining the home.

yeah that makes sense. working housewife. i like the term.

• I'd like to work from home, so I can multitask. I can get the house chores done throughout the week while working on projects.

• Work.
    I have big goals.

• I'd rather my wife has a career in something she loves. Not having a job gets boring pretty fast, ask my mom.

• Somewhere in the middle. Work till I have kids, take a break 5 years or so so that they get to the school going age and then resume my job since I would like to contribute positively by my job to my country and the world.

• I'd rather work until we have children. Then I'd definetly want to stay home and have them have a parent watch over them, instead of a daycare or nanny.

• I always been working even when I was married.

• we can both partime and switch taking care of the kids and teaching them things.

• I would much rather work. The idea of being financially dependent on someone scares me.

• Work, I wouldn't like to depend on someone else's money

even if you could trust him 100% ?

Yes. It'n not about trust, is that I just couldn't stand that. Love is not about needing someone but about wanting their companion

makes sense. i respect your opinion

• Work! I have never seen my future as a housewife.

• If I had a wife, I would like her to work as a stripper, lap dancer or similar. I wouldn't want her to do a regular job.

• I have been a stay at home mom for the last few years now that my youngest is headed to first grade I am headed back to school with the hope of being the bread winner in a few years then my husband is going to try to work from home or work part time... I really want someone home most of the time esp. with our oldest not far from the teenage years.

• I would rather work because I don't want to be dependent on my husband.

What Guys Said 17

• She can be a housewife with a hobby;painting etc. , or work from home.

• At least work part time unless their are kids at home. If you got a great job I'll work part time and watch the kids no problemo

• Whatever makes her happy

• I wanted my wife to work so we could use the extra money for a BMW. She wanted to stay home and raise the kids, which is what we did. It worked out for the best as I did much better in my career, and income, with her taking care of most things on the homefront. Our kids turned out well too, smart, highly educated and well adjusted.

yeah man. i know you wanted that bmw. but in the end, whats best for the kids , comes first, right?

If you put in a lot of hours at work, have you ever felt like you may have missed out on things in your kids' lives like milestones or quality family time at home on weeknights, or anything like that?

@musicbrain5 I did miss some events but honestly, I made the majority of them. I did not work near as many hours as other people, I was in the 40s for hours per week. I did travel a lot at one time but it was okay as I was going all over the world. I went to a lot of baseball, school events, fencing, football games etc. I did miss a lot of the parent teacher conferences for school though. I didn't golf or much of those things on weekends, instead I spent it with the family.

• It depends on what kinds of jobs are available for me. I do have a dream job, of which I'm sure I'd be excited to go to, but it most obviously won't be my first.
    If only stressful jobs were available, I'd ask my wife if she was willing to take a job instead of me.

For the thumbs down giver, I would do the job in an instant if she said it would stress her. I would do what I felt best for us both, but especially her.

• I'd rather make enough so that she wouldn't need to work. So that if she chose to work it would be because she wanted to not because she had to. Other than that I have no preference. Either is fine.

• It's up to her.. she cloud live her life as she wants no objection..

u can still have a preference tough

I don't want to rule on her... I'll be happy with her decision

its just a preference man. she can do what she likes, you can still voice an opinion tough. so i guess i take it you dont have a preference

• I want her to serve her purpose and reach her maximum potential like me.

being a housewife can be a good purpose as well

Well, to each their own but if you wanna be a housewife then you're probably not for me.

alright

• She would be housewife until raising our kids, then I'd let her to work.

• Work, people who work have feeling of contribution and are overall more happy in my opinion.

some people like being at home and taking care of things too. that too is a kind of work

• We should both work and find someone to delegate the kids to so that we don't have to bother

thats horrible

I like to sleep?

you can sleep with it, or do somethibg that calms it. if nothing works, just wear a headset and put on some amvr

• A booty call wife who cooks. She doesn't live with me or spend my money, she just lets me bang her when I need to and cooks me something.

Hahaha.. I laughed hard at this. You want to live the dream huh? But why not live with her?

You didn't comprehend my response. I was saying if you saw them without make up it's gross.

Not evwry chick without makeup is gross man.

• I want my woman in the kitchen where she belongs making my dinner.

• housewife

• house wife.. id rather be at home taking care of the house and shaping the lives of my children.. that is a womans strength and thats what they were meant to do

huh?
      you'd rather be?
      confused, man

lol. they aren't happy with the last part

they can kiss my ass :)

• Either way is fine, as long as we can have kids.

no preference?

No preference with what my future wife wants to do. But I consider myself very family-oriented and would like to have children one day.

okay, nice

• either one is fine