Thinking about marriage at 18?

My boyfriend and I have been dating a year and a half. We're both 18 and planning on going to two different colleges in the fall. After a break of about a month, we got back together and have never been stronger. He totally surprised me when he brought up marriage and how he was thinking about it. My boyfriend rarely shows his emotions and never gets sappy, but he told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me out of the blue.

What does this mean?

I'm not gonna jump into the idea of getting married because I know I'm not ready, but I just want to know how and why he thought of marriage. This is usually the last thing on an 18 year old guy's mind...

What Guys Said 2

• Dont even think about it. Marriage is plain wrong at 18, you should still be thinking about parties and having fun. Plus you (or anyone) are too young to tell if he's the right guy, no matter what you think. Id say 26-27 is almost still too young for a woman.

• sounds like a terrible idea. this isn't 1938 anymore.

• He thinks getting married means he'll keep you. What he doesn't realize is all it does is force people to stay together longer than they should. Unless u're gonna pop out some babies, no reason for marriage.

What Girls Said 0