How can I make my pregnant wife comfortable?

My wife is 4 1/2 months pregnant with twins. She's really emotional and scared of everything right now. She keeps telling me she's scared of loosing me and our babies. She's laying in bed she said her back is hurting again. It's been hurting a lot this week. She's hardly even done anything to hurt it. I asked her on a scale from 1 to 10 how bad it hurts she said 5. I've been rubbing it for her every night. It calms her down a little she said it doesn't hurt when I touch it. She even got mad at me and had a fit tonight because I told her I wanted to watch one of my favorite movies Air Force One but she wanted to watch Friends. I made her watch my movie she's never even seen it but she said so far she kind of likes it but it's making her a little sad. It's not even a sad movie. We've been flipping back and fourth through commercials. She also gets hot really easily and sweaty especailly since its been in the 90's all week even at night she's hot and sweaty and tired. I massaged her feet tonight because they were hurting. What else can I do to keep her comfortable?

Most Helpful Girl

• Reassure her that everything will be okay. Tell her sweet things and maybe a heating pad may help her back. Other than that keep doing what your doing, I'm sure she really appreciates it but her hormones and emotions are all over the place while her body is freaking out. Just be there for her, maybe place a fan near her at night so she feels more cool. Congratulations on the twins. I wish you both the best of luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• when my wife was pregnant we took a birthing class. they suggested some exercises to help with back pain

-one was for her to sort of get on all fours and then slowly arch and lower her lower back (so essentially the belly area). it helped to stretch muscles as relieve pressure
    -another was a sort of assisted crouch. so you hold her hands and she slowly lowers into a crouching position but only as far as is comfortable for her to do...
    -she shouldn't lay on her back because the stomach and weight of it can pinch nerves in the back causing pain
    -if she lays on her side you can have her put a pillow under her stomach. the weight of the stomach can cause a lot of strain on the back

... unfortunately though back pain is a pretty normal part of pregnancy. as much as she can (and is allowed by doctors) she should try and stay somewhat physically active (e. g. going for walks, stretching, etc)

What Girls Said 6

• Poor thing! This is a hard situation for both of you! I was pregnant during the ALABAMA summer and I thought I was going to die!! I know it sucks for you, but just let her win for a while!! Let her watch friends until she passes out... Then watch your movie! As a woman, I know the ridiculous feelings and emotions that come with pregnancy (and even after it too... sorry)! I remember KNOWING I was being ridiculous, but I couldn't change my ways! It will pass (hopefully) pretty soon after the babies are born! Just remember to let her win sometimes and continue trying to help her be comfortable!! It really is the little things that make the biggest difference!

• What happened to you boyfriend and fiance?

• Honestly pregnancy is the most amazing and annoying thing. Hormones make you beyond moody and it's hard to control them so just try and get inside her and do things before she can complain about them.
    Participate in baby shopping Google a list and check off what you do and don't have and then get the rest of it or some of it
    Keep the house clean, cook once and a while surprise her with random foods at night, the greasier or sugary the better lol

• Get her supplements, like magnesium (bath salts), or healthy food that contains lots of nutrients. Pregnant women should also be moving and getting some light exercise. You may want to consider taking her to a physiotherapist for her back

• aw so sweet tell her how much she means to you and that you love her no matter what and you're in this together

• Im so tired of your troll posts...

What Guys Said 0