Why does it seem like so many people are getting married so young?

Granted I live in a very conservative area (Nebraska for those of you wondering), but I always hear that people are waiting a little longer to get married, yet I could probably name 15 couples who are my age (I am 21, and most of the couples are between 18-22) and here I am with not even a girlfriend and only 2 dates (ya I know big loser LOL). Anyway why does it seem like their so many people getting married young, I don't want to marry until I'm like 27 (although with my luck it might be more like 40 LOL).

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously I don't think its the area where you live cos I feel exactly the same way, so many of my friends are getting engaged, having kids and getting married and I just feel like "whats going on" sometimes I feel like somethings wrong with me, I mean I've got a boyfriend and we've been together for almost 2 years but if he propsed now I'd probably laugh, I love him but I think I'm way too young (20) to make that kind of commitment, I wanna finish university, go travelling, actually enjoy life before even thinking about marriage and kids.

Some of my friends I know for a fact are doing it because they think that's all they're going to be good at, being a house person and having kids but each to their own, I wanna see the world personally.

Others, the kids part is accidental (stupidity for not using contraceptives really) and then they just see that marriage should follow.

Then there are the people who've always wanted a family and can't wait, I mean if they feel at their age that they're ready for it, emotionally, financially and everything then that's ok but personally iy's not for me at this age.

And don't get yourself down, I'm probably gonna get married at 40 too lol

Rant over haha :P

xoxox

• Well its not accidental (as far as I know, but I might be surprised.) most of the people I know are devout christians who seem to practice what the preach and are deeply in love, its just like wow, your'e 20 and getting married, and its not that I feel weird about it, but sometimes I feel like "im gonna be the 40 year old virgin ahhhhh" (actually not that big of a deal since I am religious person and if its meant to be its meant to be"

What Girls Said 3

• Basically its kiddy love and they marry, have a kid or two and then divorce. Mother and child go on welfare and leach off of the rest of us for ever and the baby daddy disappears into the sunset to impregnate some other wanting victim

• omw anoo I friends 16 and she's engaged I thnks she's crasy buh didn't wanna say case she got mad, buh I thnk at our age we have our hole life ahead of us and should be haven funn xo

• I'm totally understand, I wonder the same thing every day. My one friend is 23, has a 1 and a half year old and another on the way. I don't get it. What's the rush? Marriage that young freaks me out.

What Guys Said 1

• marriage is the no 1 cause of divorce...