Do you think separate husband and wife bathrooms are a good idea?

This is a question that pops into a young single gal's head...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• separate houses is better i put my wife in the house at the end off the grounds not having in the main house messing it up she can go live with the staff.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. If I can't share a bathroom with you, then how can I expect to share a life with you? I'm not going to divorce over a bathroom-bickerment so... I think sharing is a wonderful thing. If just prefer separate sinks just so I don't get in the way when I'm doing makeup and shit. I think if anyone's bathroom characteristics were annoying it'd be mine and all my stuff anyway and my boyfriend and hopefully one day husband will put up with it. I can organize.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, of course it's a good idea

• I think it's completely unnecessary, unless they "bathroom habits" differ insanely.

• No fun bathing on your own!

• They're married. They are allowed to see each other naked! They can be together if one or both of them are taking a shower/bath, changing clothes, and rubbing lotion on. They shouldn't be in there together if one of them is using the latrine.

• To me that's so silly. You're willing to share a bed (among other things) but not a bathroom?

• yesp it is

I agree I dont think it would be a bad idea I just think it is interesting How everyone is saying no. I wasn't expecting that

What Girls Said 7

• I would like that if I ever got married. Having my own space would be nice, and I could pretend I never poop. It's a win win situation.

• No?

Firstly, only one person should be using the bathroom at one time. But even so, if you are in a long term relationship and seen each other's bits, you should accept they also do pee and poo.

Me and my partner have a bathroom next to our bedroom separated by a curtain (the bathroom is a converted balcony, it's not an average door size and money was an issue). We often hear each other pee but we don't barge in. I'm sure if I was weeing and my boyfriend needed to rush in it wouldn't be an issue.

It doesn't bother me at all, when my brother and his wife stays they have our room (they have a young baby and it's the only bath in the house). I know they happily share a bathroom. In the same way my boyfriend walks in on me in the bath, my brother does with his wife and baby. Worse has happened - my brother took a bath with his daughter when she was very little and she had diarrhea... In the bath... His wife fished the baby out and cleaned her in the sink and my brother was left to clean himself and bath up. Things like that make me think being prepared to share everywhere in the house is important.

• Separate sinks

• Yes, I think it is. Then they're able to do anything they want in their own bathroom, without bothering the other.
    Plus, it saves a lot of time and arguments.

• Maybe separate toilet seat instead

• If it's public yes separate but at home there is really no need to have two of them

• I don't see the point really, if anything my SO is the person I'm most comfortable sharing a bathroom with