Are we crazy for wanting to get engaged?

I've been with my boyfriend 4 years but known him for 5. We both really want to get engaged and our family is fine with it. The only problem is we aren't getting married till I'm done with school (in a about 3.5 years or maybe even less). Are we crazy? There's a chance school won't take as long, but it could be a long time! We really want to do it! What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated my girlfriend for more than seven years now. We just got engaged a few months ago. We had decided to wait until be both had finished school because that's what we were more focused on. School first. But if I could go back, I would have married her sooner. If you love someone and really know them, more importantly trust them, there's no point waiting. Especially if you've been dating for as long as you two have. Just set a wedding date and plan a nice wedding. Marriage is something to look forward to, not be afraid of.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do what works for you!

What Guys Said 2

• How old are you? If you are in your early 20's then you can surely wait for few years and it's not crazy but you do look desperate to get married.

• The guy's definitely crazy and going to regret it

What Girls Said 3

• not at all! you guys love each other and think you can wait that long, go for it!

• I'd wait another while what's the rush to get engaged if you don't actually plan on getting married for a few years.

• If you both want it, go for it. But I'd suggest waiting until you guys have enough money 😊