Are women who get offended when a guy wants a prenup gold diggers?

Not saying that signing a prenup is mandatory anyway, but I mean, I don't find it a coincidence that women are more likely to be offended by this. Why are a lot of women offended when a guy wants a prenup? Is it because they realize they won't have access to his assets?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't belive in marriage, but if I did, I would sign one if they wanted me to, yes. I think if a marriage ends, people should leave with only what is theirs.

If one of them was the homemaker and didn't have an individual income, then they should be given a certain amount of support for a time or a settlement to help them, but no one should expect or be allowed free entitlement to more than they need out of pure greed.

Would you sign one of your partner was the higher earner?

If my partner was more established than me I'd still sign one because I understand where they're coming from.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you refuse to sign something that simply states you are only entitled to what is rightfully yours then yes, I would have a very hard time NOT questioning your motives.

What Girls Said 10

• Nope. If you would like me to sign a prenup that tells me 2 things:
    A) you trust me not
    B) you're already planning for a divorce

When I got married it wasn't to a rich man, it was to one I loved and still love. It was one I trusted and still trust. It was one I planned on spending forever with and still do.

If a man was already planning for our failed future I would rather him keep his money and love and let me keep on rolling.

Yeah but without a prenup a man is basically trusting you not to ruin his life.

I'm not going to be stubborn and say you're wrong but anyone who's well established has a right to want to be protected. That's all I'm saying.

I definitely think they have the right to ask for it, but I just am not one who would settle for that. And many a man wouldn't settle for me not having it. To each their own.

• i think it just makes us feel like YOU think we will fail at our marriage. its not really offensive... but women are more emotional so we are thinking less realisticly, more emotionally.

It's not about the marriage failing, it's about not losing your assets so your life is ruined.

which would only happen in the event of the marriage not working out

• Honestly, if we ever get divorced (God forbid) I would have way too much pride to take a single cent from him. All he has to do is pay for his children, not for me. I will provide for myself, or have some help from my father and brother since in my religion they have to financially help me.
    SO I don't really care about the prenup thingy because I won't get money, I care because it would mean the guy doesn't TRUST ME and it's a very bad start for a marriage.

I can understand from a woman's point of view, but can you understand from a guy's point of view?

I can understand but thankfully divorce is not as common in my community than it is in other communities so it's highly unlikely it will happen (the divorce).
      If he asks for a prenup it means he's pessimistic about our marriage and I will most probably break off the engagement.

Where I live divorce rates are high. If you live in a low divorce environment I can understand why you don't believe it won't happen but there are a lot of pretentious people getting married over here and I need to be careful.

• I want to say I wouldn't be offended, but I'm not for sure. I might be a little bit, yeah.

There are conditions of my own, but with those, I'd sign it.

• I think for most people prenups are stupid.

And it doesn't mean that, the idea of planning for failure before you even start doesn't sit well with a lot of people

I find it naive how people just get married and expect nothing bad to happen. Nothing is flawless.

well what would you want to be in it?
      Give me 5 valid points

• No, I' d offended because it makes me wonder if the guy doesn't think we're compatible. It's almost like "sign this because I think you'll be a shitty wife and I don't think we'll last together"

No, a guy who wants you to sign a prenup is going to ask that because just in case you get a divorce or you turn out to be a gold digger (not saying you are) his assets will be protected.

Trust me they're many people who will put on an act to achieve what they want. Even in marriage.

... All I can say is wow.

However, if my boyfriend and I get married and he asked for a prenup, I'd be offended mainly because we'd have been together since we were 13 and 14, respectively, and since we're planning to get married after we're both done with the first four years of college (may be extended past then due to what we wind up doing) we'd have been together over 8 years and if he didn't trust me after that then he would never trust me

• That does not make them a gold diggers. haha! it very hurtful when the man you marry to spend the rest of your life with wants a prenups because of that chance you will split, I was raised Christian once your married it death till you part! so I would never think of a prenup or have that in my mind at all.

So you don't believe in divorce?

What if your future husband cheats or is abusive?

Then you divorce that person. We are human and life happens somtimes. That's why you should be friends first if not then you should wait 3 to 5 years to get married so you can get to know the real person.

• I'm not getting married without one

• Oh yea, being that women are doing better in the job force than men. No, i have a problem with it cause your already seeing divorce in the future. I genuinely dont need to be with someone like that too many men for that.

It isn't about trust issues or not seeing a future it's about not losing most of what you worked hard for.

Yea. Amd your average man particularly white man isn't doing well it the job force

Ok, I'll admit that the unemployment rate for men is slightly higher than women, but, men still make more money than women on average. That's why women pursue men who make more money than them, also, what ethnicity are you?

• no but by asking for one gives the idea that it is ok to divorce and you are planning the demise of the marriage before it has started. you do not trust your future wife and believe her to be driven my alternative motives. if a pre nup was in place before I married then I would want certain issues such as future children between 'my husband' and I arranged as the divorce wouldn't be a good time to organise. as I haven't got a sexual history and would be taking on his and if he has offspring they are not my issue in any capacity during or after the marriage.(you hear of men who remarry then lose their job and the new wife has the pay child support for his children). I have a huge list of things that would I would want in it to protect myself and my processions. all I'm saying is he isn't getting anything from me and I don't want anything from him apart from the vacate my life asap.

If you seen how badly many guys have gotten screwed over in a marriage you'd understand. Any woman can put on a mask acting like she's all sweet until it's too late, not saying every woman is like this but the situation is understandable. Even women who make more than their fiancés/husbands can understand.

I know what you are saying and I have had the displeasure of knowing men who have done worse to the wife. Atm I have more to lose by being in a relationship than I have to gain.

What Guys Said 7

• Most likely, yeah.

• I've got all my assets frozen from anyone period , including a divorcing wife , pre nup isn't needed !!

• Yes.

• pretty much yeah if you don't plan on leaving you shouldn't mind signing it

• I have mixed feelings about them. On one hand, it's a smart idea from a financial standpoint. On the other hand, it basically says that you don't trust the woman you plan on marrying, and that's not a good way to start a marriage.

Maybe so but for guys who are well established and have a lot of assets, they can't afford to lose any of that stuff. It may look like you don't trust the women but for any strange reason if something happens your possessions are still there.

• well it ruined Sloan and E's marriage in Entourage

• Do women get offended when they asked to sign a prenup because it implies they are gold diggers?