Is it wrong to hook up with a married man who is in an open marriage?

• yes its wrong
  • no its okay
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get why it's wrong to some people. They have an understanding and it'll only be physical.

What Guys Said 8

• if the guy has an open marriage, by which is wife is ok with him having romantic relationships with other women i don't see why it is wrong

• Key words, "Open Marriage". If it was a regular marriage, then that would be problematic.

• If you're sure it's open then I guess so

• As long as everyone knows and is above board then I don't see a problem with it.

• If you know for a fact that it's open, then its ok.

• If you're okay with reducing the value of marriage in your own mind, go ahead.

• You know it's wrong hence the reason you asked

• My sex life depends on it!

What Girls Said 10

• No matter How you Put it here, dear, "Open" or Not, he is Taken and Married... Legally Too and Not to You.
    Move on and Find Someone more Available who is Up for Grabs, not this Guy.
    Good luck. xx

• Like my husband and I permission should always be asked from the straying spouse before anything goes ahead.. typically we dont stray with people we dont already know.

So for me if permission hasn't been asked and granted he's doing wrong by his wife , if it has greenlights.
    I be careful he's not just a cheater so best talk to the mrs

That's a dangerous game to play. My friend and her hubby had this arrangement also until he caught feelings for a woman they agreed on. He started acting strange and he left his wife for her. He is now in a monogamous relationship with the woman. He told his wife that the sex and connection was better with her and left. His wife/ my friend was so devastated that she started taking anxiety pill.

That's how theirs were also everyone knew, they had haters and supporters. It was just that one lady that swept him off his feet. That's why I'm saying be careful because it can happen and dont think it can't. I know because it happened to my friend and she was left devastated because she thought it'll never happen to her.

Thanks Chick , we have this covered.. it it was to start getting out of hand one of us will pull the reins and we will pull back we've been doing this along time now weve had some hitches but we dont aurgue the way regular couples do coz we can communicate how we feel and what we want and we listen to eachothee too. Seems Your relationship status is more complicated than my Open Marriage

• Its okay because you are not the married one so have broken no vows or promises.

• To me yeah, it's wrong.
    I wouldn't care if he is in an open marriage. If he is married, he is married. He is a husband of someone else.

• It's open marriage so it's not cheating.. hence it's fine

But what if the husband suspected the wife of cheating and just told the person the marriage is open so they'll be more ok with the situation?

@BubbleBoy69 then he's lying.. my opinion is based on the assumption that he told the truth

• He could be lying to you to get you to sleep with him. If you were sure it was an open marriage then why not find a free guy who isn't emotionally attached to someone else.

• No but it will degrade you and your self value. please don't encourge such a disgusting lifestyle. men can't fuck any girl they want. Gladly most women have self value. Open marriage can't have sex colors like they think most people have self value and fear from Hiv/AIDS
    Pure Love always Win

• If their marriage is open I dont see a problem with it as long as his wife knows

• If both married people are ok with it, hence the open marriage part, then it's fine.

• I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.